E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Pingy, Congrats on the new mod!

But I must say, I'm disappointed there isn't a more detailed review
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Pingy, Congrats on the new mod!

But I must say, I'm disappointed there isn't a more detailed review
how detail do you need?
2 words
very good.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pinguhk
very good.
Best. Review. Ever.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

I found one dealer in the states that carries this line. Their web site only shows the middle and rear bars though. Price is $159.00 and $169.00 with free shipping. Need to find the front bar now. I went back and looked at this again and am a little confused. OK more confused than I am normally. It looks like they have the part number and description of the front bar but the picture of the middle bar. The rear bar looks right.

http://www.nextgentuning.com/product...px?CarSearch=1

Sounds like a deal to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SBrown712
I found one dealer in the states that carries this line. Their web site only shows the middle and rear bars though. Price is $159.00 and $169.00 with free shipping. Need to find the front bar now. I went back and looked at this again and am a little confused. OK more confused than I am normally. It looks like they have the part number and description of the front bar but the picture of the middle bar. The rear bar looks right.

http://www.nextgentu...spx?CarSearch=1

Sounds like a deal to me.
wow about $500usd that more than what I am selling them for.
I have also check and most is around about 500 to 600 shipped
Old 04-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Contributors

guys started a GB
https://5series.net/forums/topic/973...&#entry1156240
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

Guys I am finding out about the cars with Xi and Dynamic Driving Control will fit the middle UR-RL2-541 bar.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Dynamic Driving Control cars

You can install 2 bars which will fit OK the 3rd real 1 which can not be fitted because of the Dynamic Driving Control in the way.

The 2 bars are for Dynamic Driving Control cars are:

BMW E60 Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace UR-LA2-539
BMW E60 Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace UR-RL2-540

keith has installed them on his car which has DD last night, here are some photos

If you car is very old, you may need to make the hole wider for the rear bar to fit the bolt, because the Chassis may have moved abit.
Attached Thumbnails Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-001a-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-001b-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-001c-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-001d-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-002a-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg  

Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-002b-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-002c-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg   Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars-002d-27-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars-kieth-dd.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk
Guys I am finding out about the cars with Xi and Dynamic Driving Control will fit the rear end UR-RL2-541 bar.
sorry it is the rear end bar that dose not fit
Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Installed the bars last night, thought i'd would share my views for those of you might be interested

My car optioned with Dynamic Drive, so its complete stock set up on the chassis.
If your car has DD (Dynamic Drive), you are only able to fit the front and the middle bars, the rear bar was obstructed by the DD mechanism so no way you can install it.

The installation was easy though, just undo the 2x bolts and put it back with the bar, very straight forward.
You might find there are limited space to fit the bar for those who have the DD, but it will fit!
I think pinguhk has taken few pictures last night so you will know what i am talking about later.

Ok, for the part that might interested you guys most, the performance and does it worth it?
So instead of writing an essay here, i have summed up as follow:

Performance:
-The whole car feels alot more "solid", you will notice the differences even on straight line.
-More stable when you go over the bump/rough road, the chassis feels more stiffer and less twist.
-The car is now more controllable and much less body roll, i live in somewhere near the twisky mountain roads, so its great way to see how these bars perform. It transforms the car! I am not a professional driver, but you will definitely feel the whole car has stiffen up and give you more confident when attacking the corners.

Ride:
-The bars didnt ruin the ride, unlike the sway bars, these ultra racing bars were not attached to your wheels, so on the bumpy rough road, it will not affect the ride quality at all.

Does it worth it?
-Big YES for me!!
-I didnt hope much in the beginning as i think 3 bars will not do much on the handling just like the tower bar i fitted a year ago, but i am wrong! My car feels much more solid and more controllable now, even i only had two bars installed and not all three they suggested.

Cheers
Keith

Quick Reply: Must be the 1st in the world to install the 3 Ultra Racing Strut bars