E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Multi-colored Orions for E60!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Dove
Model Year: 2004

Hey I'll be posting more pics so you can see what they look like in the day time. dont have a youtube account for vids but prob will send it to simon to make it happen. Haven't had much time alot of work
Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Man I'm jelious, I really don't wanna take my headlights apart again though lol
Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, Phil, it is pretty cool huh? Like I said, after seeing it, it definitely is cooler than I thought it would be. The cycling mode is a total hoot! Party on black dove's car! Hahaha!

If I get a free kit, I wouldn't mind opening up my headlights again and putting it in mine. It' a bit of work, but we've gotten the toughest part (sealing) down now. We're using two different sealant, and so far the success rate has been 100% for moisture-proof seal.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Members

Ok, i guess I'll say it...This 'weird about it at first' feeling you guys are referring to...is your gut telling it looks ricey.

Multi-colored neon stuff on a BMW is a tough sell. Which makes me curious as to what real world demand umnitza had to go into actually producing this.

The better idea would have been to have a kit that could cycle through: factory amber, and the diff Kelvin outputs to closely match the various HID's (4300K, 6000K, 8,000K, 12,000K etc...) Maybe throw in that red for someones entertainment, but the rest of the colors are purely too much 'Pepboy-isle mod club' territory.

Whats the point of going through such an invasive mod when you'd be embassed to show off 90% of the colors?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Think you're missing the point manny. You have the "option" to change into different colors. Like I said, I think the white, blue and red looks good, and the other colors should be considered as bonus. Heck, they're a real entertaining piece if anything.

Simply put, there's no other angel eye option out there that will allow you to change your AE to a different color on the fly -- especially with this kind of brightness and visibility.

And I wouldn't say the owner(s) would be embarrassed by the colors, they can serve their purpose in my opinion. Just to cite one example, one of the color combo we noted was gold/yellow + purple = Lakers color!

Again, it's more about having that control + option than anything else. You can have white AE one second, and with a press of a button, go to red. THAT is what it's really about.

Also, not sure where you got the "weird about it" phrasing. What I was saying before seeing it person is that I thought it would be "unnecessary" since I like clean white color myself.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

It is a little much for me. I would think about getting one if the colors were optional. Like Blue, Green (maybe), Red, White and possibly amber. The rest really is like an extra cherry on top.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
It is a little much for me. I would think about getting one if the colors were optional. Like Blue, Green (maybe), Red, White and possibly amber. The rest really is like an extra cherry on top.
And that's the whole point! You have the option to change it to to what you want!

As I previously mentioned, I think that the colors can actually be programmed via the control box (or whole replacement). So potentially, if you DON'T want one or multiple of the available colors at all, a box set up to not display those colors would be possible.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Looks like a quality project, but I'll stick to HID AE's, I hate the look of the individual LEDS....but to each his own
Old 08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Simon, got your PM, replied.

I'm going to put these on the wife's new 535xiT this weekend, should be able to get you photos during the day as well.

Remember, these can ALSO be turned off completely by holding the black button down for 5 seconds, they have standard WHITE mode to lock out the colors so you don't have to go with any other colors, but on the occassion when you want to scare the crap out of the guy in front of you, it can be switched right to RED so he gets out of the way in no time
Old 08-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Also, Simon, can you ask Kevin (or Kevin can you) post these images on our facebook page, the fans deserve to see the videos to

Quick Reply: Multi-colored Orions for E60!