E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Multi Color Orion V2's the Correct Way

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

dont worry guys. I will be carrying a TON of products once everything is up and running. It'll be HUGE!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man.. i wish ur in SYDNEY!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Great job man. Despite all of the obstacles!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Hahaha, now you know what I went thru when I was trying to explain I had the wrong boxes! :thumbsdown:
Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Looks Amazing! And yes i had problems with Umnitza a couple of years back and yes they have the bad customer service. sending wrong parts etc.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

sweet fix nix. i havent used umnizta and i prolly wont. to many neg comments bout them. so far ive only used trinity, acute and brabus and ill go back to them for my future needs.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
sweet fix nix. i havent used umnizta and i prolly wont. to many neg comments bout them. so far ive only used trinity, acute and brabus and ill go back to them for my future needs.
I've bought from Umnitza a few times and haven't run into any troubles yet, maybe I got lucky maybe not but the only thing I can run off of is personal experience and so far it's been ok with me /shrug. But I agree it kinda of blows that so many are having issues.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Just to update this thread.

Mike, we re-wired black dove's car today via custom wires and it is now functioning as it should.

You went the whole 9 yards and made a harness. We said fuck it, we'll just make 4 wires, lol.

Captured 2 videos and will post if I have time to upload to Youtube later.

Awesome of b. dove to wait around and chilled. Another long day for us, but had a few beers in between and it was alright!

Oh yah, I do have to say I am befuddled to say the least of Umnitza. Come on you guys, you guys have Orions sitting the office, and you guys couldn't figure this out? Hell, if we had a spare set sitting around, we probably would've figured it out just playing around with it.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ah, you came up in my discussion with the guys that came over to do the installs today. I said that I should follow up with you to see how it turned out. Whatever happened with the reflectors?

Back to the original post. Thanks for figuring it out Mike. When you first mentioned that the rings will light up correctly with the same sized rings to the box, I figured that we can just splice the wires and make it work. Your way is cleaner, but I suppose that when the hood is closed, it makes no difference

Kevin, the guy we did the colored Orions for is actually coming by tomorrow, and we're gonna see if we can fix it for him.
Hey Simon, dude they didn't even take the reflectors off and they just put the euro stickers over the amber reflector. They also left some of the sealant on the inside corner where the reflector shows. It looks really bad, and they totally fucked up my lights. Also, they didn't even apply the euro stickers correctly, they left many air bubbles under the stickers. When sealing back up the lights, they did a horrible job of applying the epoxy glue.... And to top everything off, the customer service was horrible!!! I'll try to send you some pics. when I get a chance.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ah, you came up in my discussion with the guys that came over to do the installs today. I said that I should follow up with you to see how it turned out. Whatever happened with the reflectors?

Back to the original post. Thanks for figuring it out Mike. When you first mentioned that the rings will light up correctly with the same sized rings to the box, I figured that we can just splice the wires and make it work. Your way is cleaner, but I suppose that when the hood is closed, it makes no difference

Kevin, the guy we did the colored Orions for is actually coming by tomorrow, and we're gonna see if we can fix it for him.
Hey Simon, dude they didn't even take the reflectors off and they just put the euro stickers over the amber reflector. They also left some of the sealant on the inside corner where the reflector shows. It looks really bad, and they totally fucked up my lights. Also, they didn't even apply the euro stickers correctly, they left many air bubbles under the stickers. When sealing back up the lights, they did a horrible job of applying the epoxy glue.... And to top everything off, the customer service was horrible!!! I'll try to send you some pics. when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Multi Color Orion V2's the Correct Way