E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Black sapphire metallic 545i Sport package Coldweather package Premium sound package Current Mods: Plastidip Kidney Grill, Black out 545i emblem, Tinted taillights

I saw a Youtube video of dk Newyork exhaust set up. Im very much interested in doing this mod as its inexpensive and sounds meaner than most I've heard. Now my question is he took off his resonators and installed a x pipe and two cherry bomb glass pack mufflers. Are they any pros or cons as to take off the resonator? I would like to know before I remove them thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

we always put the cherry bombs in place of the resonators. the sound is NOT that loud. It's perfect actually,.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Black sapphire metallic 545i Sport package Coldweather package Premium sound package Current Mods: Plastidip Kidney Grill, Black out 545i emblem, Tinted taillights

cool so if I go to you john I know you here in queens I'm in ridgewood. Can I get a price on everything I need i want those glass pack cherry bomb remove resonators also i want hid fog lights and super bright hid how much is all that going to run john? Also thinking about putting m5 mirrors that close auto I have a 2005 BMW 545i
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Members

also i want Angel eyes like the new 5 series the regular ones are awful.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Members

So you pretty much cut out the stock mufflers and weld on some of your choice?

is there any performance gains from it or just sound?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Members

Yeah this guy on youtube dkNewyork said he removed resonators installed pipe and glass pack cherry bomb and it sounds bad ass
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

i did the cherry bomb set up. Really is not that loud, but i love the sound and growling. Also i have like noo drone at all.
Attached Thumbnails Muffler-pipes.jpg   Muffler-pipes2.jpg  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Members

Nice job bagmann what did that run u? it gives it a nice deep growl right? how about on acceleration n idle?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

Originally Posted by dome1218
Nice job bagmann what did that run u? it gives it a nice deep growl right? how about on acceleration n idle?
it was in the range of $600 to $700 for everything. Depends on the shop you go to..custom and everything, they could just pull a price out of there head. Acceleration just has a deep sound to it when your driving normal. For idle, you almost cant even really hear it.
the best part of it...putting it in sport and then manual shift is soo beastly when you give it the gas
i wish i could give you a proper vid but videos just do not justices.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Members

do you have a video tho i wouldn't mind hearing it at all? So what exactly is ur setup removed resonator all of them? glass pack? what else?

Quick Reply: Muffler