E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MP3 in my 04 530i? help & IPOD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 530i

I just had my car down at the dealer yeterday for 10 hours trying to get my car to play MP3's! I went down with service bulltin in hand and and was quoted 130 to turn it on so I said ok (Thought it was free) service manager came out 1 hour later and said it was going to cost $255 to get my software updated to enable MP3 and after about 15 min. he came out and said I had a modual that was bad and their went another $190+install. Wile the car was programing I remembered that I could have a AUX installed in the car so after talking to them about that I decided to have them install that! So 10 hour later I get my car back and pop in a MP3 cd and it says unable to read cd on display and thay tell me it must be the CD or my burner! I have tried 2 different CD brands and 3 computers and nothing! So yesterday I spent $600+ and ended up with a AUX input and updated programming, and no MP3

Also is my car ready for a Denison or do I need to have them turn on the Ipod controller! My car is MP3 ready, Just won't play!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by akgolfpro' post='1082097' date='Dec 30 2009, 09:19 PM
I just had my car down at the dealer yeterday for 10 hours trying to get my car to play MP3's! I went down with service bulltin in hand and and was quoted 130 to turn it on so I said ok (Thought it was free) service manager came out 1 hour later and said it was going to cost $255 to get my software updated to enable MP3 and after about 15 min. he came out and said I had a modual that was bad and their went another $190+install. Wile the car was programing I remembered that I could have a AUX installed in the car so after talking to them about that I decided to have them install that! So 10 hour later I get my car back and pop in a MP3 cd and it says unable to read cd on display and thay tell me it must be the CD or my burner! I have tried 2 different CD brands and 3 computers and nothing! So yesterday I spent $600+ and ended up with a AUX input and updated programming, and no MP3

Also is my car ready for a Denison or do I need to have them turn on the Ipod controller! My car is MP3 ready, Just won't play!

If your MP3 coding did not load properly then you should go back and make sure they follow this sequence: vehicle order---CIP---retrofits---MP3 activation.

QUOTE***he came out and said I had a modual that was bad and their went another $190+install.***

Programming the car is no joke. The car needs a special battery charger and can not be disturbed during programming. Since they made you pay for the module that went bad during the last attempt I would ask if you can be present next time. That way you can verify they are using the correct battery charger, that the doors are shut, that the hood pin is in service mode, and than no body disturbs the car. Otherwise you should not be liable for damages resulting from programming errors.