E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MOST iPod adapter issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my MOST iPod adapter last year and I've been very happy with it. Lately my almost 3 year old 40GB 4th generation iPod has been acting as if the drive was failing. It wouldn't surprise me with the amount of use and abuse I put it through. As I drive the ipod has started to skip songs, title information wouldn't display correctly, or songs jump around erratically. I took the ipod out and scanned the drive and sure enough there were errors that were corrected. I went back to using the ipod in the car thinking I was on borrowed time and sure enough not even a week later the same issue starts up. So while I try and hold out a little longer for a 6G ipod to be released I plug in my almost new 1G Nano and it works just fine. I thought I had confirmation that it was my old ipod on its last legs, that is until this weekend. Sure enough, same issues with skipping songs, erratic behavior and at times the car won't even read the ipod. If I take the ipod out it works just fine. All other radio functions such as CD, SAT, and radio seem to work fine so it makes me think that the problem is not with the MOST bus cable but maybe the iPod adapter or the cable from the iPod adapter to the iPod itself.

Has anyone else run into problems like this?