E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

And the money pitt grows deeper and deeper

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Big Shot out to Cal, Art and Darwin at Sonic MS. They took care of me for my brakes and bought some new dustless pads while I was at it. I painted the calipers red and threw on the BMW caliper stickers on them as well. Afterwards, I painted the carriers black and it definitely improved the look of them. The hood obviously is courtesy to Simon and the group buy he started. Needless to say I am very happy with it. There were only two things about the hood that did not make it flawless. The right corder closest to the cabin flares up a tad and the front had a slightly larger gap than I would have liked. I called up Simon and he just told me to take out the spring in the hood and it BAM! Problem solved.

Lastly, I bought a couple things from the sale that went on last month with BMW of Morristown. I bought some OEM all weather floormats, a battery charger and bike racks to throw on top of my base system. Surprisingly I didn't buy the OEM carbon fiber splitters, which was number 1 on my list. Im still trying to decide whether or not to get a Thule or a Yakima wind fairing to finish off the look of the rack. Plus the whistling is getting kinda annoying. Other than that I am pretty happy with my most recent mods.

A 2nd shot out goes to Simon (nomisnech) for doing the leg work to get the hoods as well as Gene for starting that thread last month about the sale at BMW of Morristown

*****I just spoke with Simon and he said that his hood has that minor flare as well. He did however mention that when he saw an authentic Vorsteiner hood on another member's car it had the same characteristics.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Can you do anything else? Looking good bro!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Seriously, right? This guy's car is as modded out as they can be!

Glad everything worked out JR. Take a few more pics, since I know you just removed the spring to close that gap!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

where did you get the BMw decal?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

dont u love the M5 brakes!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonymac
Can you do anything else? Looking good bro!
It seems like a lot but I've come to accept that it will never be enough. I think I may cool it for a while now cuz I want to save up for a e30 M3 one of my neighbor's are selling
Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Seriously, right? This guy's car is as modded out as they can be!

Glad everything worked out JR. Take a few more pics, since I know you just removed the spring to close that gap!
I will. Im gunna bust out the 7D and takes some better pics once I wash the car. Im too busy watching the Sharkies slap the canucks around. I just hope we can close it.

Originally Posted by sachal007
where did you get the BMw decal?
Ebay man.

dont u love the M5 brakes!!!
To tell u the truth Im not as impressed as I thought I would be. (On performance that is). I think I may need to have my brakes re-bled. I think my issue is the response time. I used to have a more instantaneous bite before with my oem Setup, but now I think I have to depress the pedal at least 1/4 inch further. I may end up getting those Stoptech brake lines while I'm at it to see if it will cure the problem. The looks tho...sooooo sexy.
They do look a lot better on the M5 wheels tho just cuz they are much smaller. Behind 20's they still are no Brembo or StopTech but i'm not complaining one bit
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

do you think the M5 and 545i use the same brake booster/Pump?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

do you think the M5 and 545i use the same brake booster/Pump?
beats me man. I'm not sure. Did what I mention effect yours in any way? I was assuming that it was because I was going from 1 piston to two but I honestly think my bleed job wasn't up to par. I mean, when it bites it bites hard. But just a little later than my old setup. When I say a little I mean really... just a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit, I just thought the the minute the pedal felt anything it would bite HELLA hard. maybe i just need to get used to it.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

looking good JR! looking to paint my calipers matte black...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

GORGEOUS! I love everything about it!

Quick Reply: And the money pitt grows deeper and deeper