E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

mods before the SLO meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

just wanted to share. had the ac schnitzer front spoiler put on many many thanks to alpinewhite and eurorev. pictures to come soon.

newest mod.. rpi air scoop. 1st one on a non-M e60 surprise vincent at eurorev gave me the idea so i called up race precision the day after i had my front spoiler put on. turns out theyre only about 7 minutes from my house. at race precision, eloy is a great guy to work with and tried to make it fit my schedule since i am unable to leave my car with him. for the scoop, since its only for one side on a non-M e60, he made the scoop bigger and wider, taking up almost half of the left kidney grill.

for the results of it, it involves some instances of spirited driving. please do not assume unsafeness. i went up against my roommate who has 2006 G35 manual, and we only went on certain times when a certain toll road was totally clear. (and he is reading this over my shoulder to make sure it is legit). it was in about 54 degree weather, me with about 3/4 tank of gas, him with almost full. 1st time without the scoop, id jump about a half carlength from 40 (both of us alone in each car), then he pulled leading to triple digits about 1.5-2 car lengths. 2.5 at the most and it stopped there. from a dig, i beat him because he would spin the tires and i would catch traction right away.

after putting on the scoop, eloy said it might take longer for my ecu to adjust since i have a remap. ran against my roommate again tonight with the same conditions, no traffic whatsoever, 60 degree weather. except he had our other roommate in his car with him and i had 7 gallons of 91 and 5 gallons of 100 octane. beat him way more from a dig. 2nd time from a dig, i had the jump by maybe about 1.5 seconds and he didnt spin out as much. he caught up but i held a .5 carlength lead. he started passing me at about 90 and we stopped. on the toll road, from 40, i had the jump again. he caught up at around 70 and pulled up to .5-1 car lengths. entering xxx i actually started reeling him in and became side-by-side. we stopped there, but he said if we kept going that i definitely would have passed. he said he was surprised when i had an extra bit at that speed to reel him in.

hope you enjoyed reading it. pics to come soon. and also, planning on visiting eloy again soon to hopefully get a dyno run to see any gain by it (hopefully some gain).
Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Sweet!!! GO TAKE PICS AND POST NOW!

How much did the setup run you? Is it just a scoop for the stock airbox?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Great mod!!!

Now I wonder if it'll work w/ AFE CAE in place of the stock airbox...
Isn't the OEM air inlet snorkel tucked from under the left headlight but the opening face the side (toward the radiator opening), right?
To get more air pressure then the RPI scoop kinda extend that opening to end up facing the front? Detail pics pls....
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

pics... and let me drive the car
Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I had to read 50 paragraphs with no pictures???

NEXT!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

sorry. will ask the gf to bring a camera when she visits today. hopefully by tonight or tomorrow ill have pics up, but youll have to excuse a dirty e60.

john for sure dont worry try it out.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor

the inlet is sideways yes. you would have to take off the covering after popping the hood and take out the left kidney grill. but there's a plastic covering with holes in it, probably to keep out leaves from getting in or anything. eloy at race precision said he could take it out for me, especially since the M5s/M6s dont have them at either side, but i preferred to keep it in anyway just in case.

yes ryan im using the stock airbox, K&N filter, and no charcoal.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Nerwyll, its time to delete some more resonators
Let your Eisenmann roar
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='539082' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:49 AM
Nerwyll, its time to delete some more resonators
Let your Eisenmann roar
damn.. i had a feeling you were going to tell me that haha. yeah especially since its not the fake one but the thing is when i checked, it was actually for a 545
Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Contributors

im postwhoring it before class. gtg c ya

Quick Reply: mods before the SLO meet