E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Mods appropriate for a leased E60?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by elchevere' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:50 PM
I ordered a 545i Sport stripped (with the required $ 75 satellite radio prep option, no big deal)....can you no longer order a new 545i....I ordered mine in January and got it for $1800 over invoice and the .0010 MF.
[snapback]119967[/snapback]
You should be able to order them through sometime in June. Part of the good lease rates might be due to all of the chatter of the possible 06 - 550i.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Members

IMO Wheels and suspension, and ICE
Old 04-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I finally scanned some pics from my old Acura Legend coupe.

I installed Image Dynamics horns, and 8" woofers in the doors.
I then had three JL Audio 10W6 subs in the trunk.

Here are some pics of the horn and woofer install:

I had my horns sprayed in factory match paint. I think it really helped the look.

This picture shows how you hang a HLCD driver underneath the dash. You can clearly see the metal straps we used. Simply screw them into the underside of the dash, and hang the horn by attaching it to the straps.

Here is a picture of the horn after we installed the cover panel. The cover panel was simply a piece of thin fiberboard wrapped in factory match vinyl. We then pressure fit the piece by wedging it between the carpeted edges of the footwell. No screws or holes were drilled for this part.

Here is the driver side horn with the cover panel, and then we added a black grill cover, which would be removed. Grills are optional, and we had to make those. It's just a wood frame wrapped in mesh cloth.

Here is the passenger side horn, finished with the cover panel.

This is a pic of the passenger side door, with the 8 inch subwoofer installed. We had to build a trim ring to allow the woofer room inside the door cavity, so the windows could still roll down. It worked out really well, because the Acura had such big and heavy doors. The doors on the Legend coupe were self closing, like the 7 series or a Mercedes S class.

And here is a pic of the finshed result. Passenger side with the coverpanels in place, and the door panel re-installed with woofer hidden behind the factory speaker grill.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Apr 27 2005, 05:59 AM
I finally scanned some pics from my old Acura Legend coupe.

I installed Image Dynamics horns, and 8" woofers in the doors.
I then had three JL Audio 10W6 subs in the trunk.

Here are some pics of the horn and woofer install:

<snip>
Thanks for the pics. I'm using AMS Car Stereo in Santa Clara to do my system. They're a well-known high-end shop around here, and did a bang-up job on my GS400 a while ago. (There is where all of the local overpaid athletes go to get their audio done.) The guy I'm dealing with is Kurtis, his knowledge of the technology is unreal, as is his awareness of the latest products in the marketplace. I'll give more details later.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Are you guys on any car audio forums? I use to frequent www.elitecaraudio.com not to long ago.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I'm not on any car audio forums....

My knowledge is from experience with my 3 cars before my E60. I got into audio when I got a Honda Civic in high school, and immediately installed a full system.

After that I got the Acura that is in those pictures. I installed 2 systems in the Acura, before selling it and getting a Lexus.

I had competition quality systems in the Acura and Lexus.

I have a hard time deciding which system I liked better. The Lexus had much more power, but the horns and 8" subs in the front doors sounded incredible in the Acura. That's not to say that my Dynaudio speakers in the Lexus weren't great... but those horns were just sweet.