E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Modified Amp Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

After all, had to add a monoblock amp to my original design, the 5 channel DLS CA 51 was not enough for the subs.
To see more how the system was worked out and other photos
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39135
Here is the updated layout now in place.
Cheers
Ted
Attached Thumbnails Modified Amp Setup-e60_stereo_install_rev_2_updated.jpg  
Old 04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Nice job.

Did you or your installer ever consider an aperiodic enclosure for your subs?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='418497' date='Apr 27 2007, 04:03 PM
Nice job.
Did you or your installer ever consider an aperiodic enclosure for your subs?
Not sure how they actually did it, I had worked out that I needed 1.7 - 1.9 cu ft for the sealed system. On install he mentioned having a membrane and also an opening behind the arm rest. I gave them carte blanche to do as they saw fit, this guy is the best in Thailand, and won the EMMA European Champion in Greece 2005.
What I will say is that inside the car sound is AMAZING. Outside there is little noice other than the bass bump, and it is really not noticeable. On other installs when I open the trunk the base is pumping out, but on this install I really hear nothing, seems it is directed somehow inside teh cabin of the car.
Also I get true up front sound with a very high sound stage level, if you close your eyes the voice of the singer is really coming from right in front of you.
He spent 4 - 5 hours tuning, adjusting and saving the settings in the Apline processor. I have pre sets for when I am alone and for 2 up front or 4 up at a push of a button. It is really great.
So I suppose he applied this vented enclosure with membrane to my install, all I know is it sounds great.
The installer has a website http://www.udc-caraudio.com/index.html it is in Thai, but the photos are universial.
Added photos of the install:
Attached Thumbnails Modified Amp Setup-interior_stereo.jpg   Modified Amp Setup-alpine_controller.jpg   Modified Amp Setup-drive_play.jpg   Modified Amp Setup-ipod.jpg   Modified Amp Setup-morel_elate_6_in_doors.jpg  

Modified Amp Setup-rear_port.jpg