E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MODDING MY 06 530XI!!! :) HAVE A FEW ?'S

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530Xi

Ok so the time has come for my car to go into the shop!! Im doing the OEM M5 Kit and would like to do the M6 wheels as well. For those of you that are knowledable about the 530XI's I had a few questions about the wheels.

I originially wanted to do the M5 wheels until after asking around was dissapointed when I found out they couldnt be done on the XI models. However, I've seen a few XI's with the M6 wheels and think they would look amazing on my car. Does anyone know the tire dimensions as well as the offset to use on the front and rear? I'd like to give the car a staggered look if possible and would appreciate the help of the more experienced E60 owners.

My next question has to do with the lights. I'd like to change my headlights/taillights for the newer 08+ ones. FYI my car is an 06 530xi. I'm sure that some of you have done the conversion. Did you experience complications in wiring or was it a direct plug? My car already has the xenon lights so I'm assuming the wiring should be somewhat similiar.

Lastly, I'd like to ask about the M5 mirrors. Have any of you modded them onto your cars? Can it even be done?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I'll be sure to post pics as the modding commences!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributors

have you used the search button to see if all of this has been covered in the past?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
have you used the search button to see if all of this has been covered in the past?

I did a search but didn't really uncover much. I'm still in the process of searching.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

everything your asking about can be done and has been done. there are alot of members who already have m5 mirrors. there is a GB going on for the replica m5 mirrors. for LCI headlights/tail lights pm member brabusw209amg. he has both the m5 mirrors and the LCI converion.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

All been done if you do the search ...

In summary if you do OEM M5 kit the fitment won't be 100% since the real M5 fender is 1 cm wider each side ... for wheels no OEM RWD model will fit properly (it'll bolt on but stick out the fender) ... our AWD model uses high offset so use e9x (3-series) wheel selection ... so OEM M6 wheel won't be a probper fitment.

I've done front & rear light conversion ... a lot of work and it is NOT plug-'n-play (more like plug-'n-pray if you will) nothing similar w/ wiring & plugs etc. and at the end for proper working order you have to have the dealer re-program if you going for OEM LCI look.

Mirror? Yes, similar to light conversion I've done it too ... it's quite an expensive mod ...

... read my sig if you wondering what more is possible ... GL!

Originally Posted by dmateo
Ok so the time has come for my car to go into the shop!! Im doing the OEM M5 Kit and would like to do the M6 wheels as well. For those of you that are knowledable about the 530XI's I had a few questions about the wheels.

I originially wanted to do the M5 wheels until after asking around was dissapointed when I found out they couldnt be done on the XI models. However, I've seen a few XI's with the M6 wheels and think they would look amazing on my car. Does anyone know the tire dimensions as well as the offset to use on the front and rear? I'd like to give the car a staggered look if possible and would appreciate the help of the more experienced E60 owners.

My next question has to do with the lights. I'd like to change my headlights/taillights for the newer 08+ ones. FYI my car is an 06 530xi. I'm sure that some of you have done the conversion. Did you experience complications in wiring or was it a direct plug? My car already has the xenon lights so I'm assuming the wiring should be somewhat similiar.

Lastly, I'd like to ask about the M5 mirrors. Have any of you modded them onto your cars? Can it even be done?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I'll be sure to post pics as the modding commences!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

LCI retrofit: https://5series.net/forums/topic/468...1&#entry490549

m5 mirror retrofit: https://5series.net/forums/topic/560...-fold-mirrors/
Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Members

Thanks for the help guys
Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
All been done if you do the search ...

In summary if you do OEM M5 kit the fitment won't be 100% since the real M5 fender is 1 cm wider each side ... for wheels no OEM RWD model will fit properly (it'll bolt on but stick out the fender) ... our AWD model uses high offset so use e9x (3-series) wheel selection ... so OEM M6 wheel won't be a probper fitment.

I've done front & rear light conversion ... a lot of work and it is NOT plug-'n-play (more like plug-'n-pray if you will) nothing similar w/ wiring & plugs etc. and at the end for proper working order you have to have the dealer re-program if you going for OEM LCI look.

Mirror? Yes, similar to light conversion I've done it too ... it's quite an expensive mod ...

... read my sig if you wondering what more is possible ... GL!

So the wheel setup that you're going to be using with the Miro wheels will work on our cars? Did you have to use a spacer at all? Or did you just run them as is?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I'm using no spacer right now ... you could if you like ... spacer will push the wheel more outward ... but I like my setup as is.

Originally Posted by dmateo
So the wheel setup that you're going to be using with the Miro wheels will work on our cars? Did you have to use a spacer at all? Or did you just run them as is?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jasperxli
everything your asking about can be done and has been done. there are alot of members who already have m5 mirrors. there is a GB going on for the replica m5 mirrors. for LCI headlights/tail lights pm member brabusw209amg. he has both the m5 mirrors and the LCI converion.

Who can I contact about the GB for the mirrors?

Quick Reply: MODDING MY 06 530XI!!! :) HAVE A FEW ?'S