E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Mod to AFE-MORE AIR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I posted this and I said I woulodnt post again but I could not let this one go by and some of the cool dudes on here miss this one.

I mentioned the other week I saw on HP TV that they did a CAI on a mustang by taking cutouts from each feder wall for the col air source and having tubes from them join in the middle to the airbox.

Well the AFE airbox, and i am not sure which others-is placed right above the left fender and in my mind this would be a perfect cutout for another air intake source. So since it was easily reversible by just patching the hole-I cut about a 3 inch hole out of the fender which lays just below the big cone airfilter. Then found a perfect PVC plastic lilttle tube to fit into the hole and now sucks air from under the fender well area into the filter. The size of the hole is probably as big or bigger than the already stock one coming out from under the grille somewhere.

Let me tell you -WOW-butt dyno or not but I really felt this thing move after doing this. I knew it needed more/better air sources since it seemed like a crappy small source coming from that one pipe somewhere under the front grille. Well here is a pic of it-basically now has 2 times the air coming in via two pipes-one being COMPLETELy cold ambient air totally unaffected by the engine.

here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails Mod to AFE-MORE AIR!-afemod2.jpg