E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MFanatics Project M Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYAWE60
Your car is coming out AMAZING, but for the LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT put that M5 logo on your car. If you go ahead, be prepared to wear a flame suit.
Thank you and im not putting the m5 symbol on it, just thr M/// part. I hate it when people put m badge on the car when its not.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Unless BMW put an ///M badge on that thing at the factory....don't put one on yourself. No version...no half of one....not your own rendition....just mod the car and let the project speak for itself. Anyone who knows anything about cars will spot your car as a fake poser instead of a nicely modded 5.... Don't do that to yourself bro...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
Unless BMW put an ///M badge on that thing at the factory....don't put one on yourself. No version...no half of one....not your own rendition....just mod the car and let the project speak for itself. Anyone who knows anything about cars will spot your car as a fake poser instead of a nicely modded 5.... Don't do that to yourself bro...
Ok.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by umichchris
+1
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Members

nice project!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 07bmw525i
nice project!
Thanks man. Should Have fresh pics up soon.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by MFanatic 5
Thanks man. Should Have fresh pics up soon.
There is no such /// M package from the factory WHERE the emblem is placed on the trunk of a Non "M" car. As we all know there are plenty of ///M packages coming out of the factory, but again not on the trunk. These are mainly on the wheels, body trim and a few places in the interior. If you see a car with this emblem on the trunk someone put it there. Could be that the dealer did this, but I doubt that a US dealer would do such a thing. I do see a lot of this in Europe and my gut feeling is that the customer went to the parts counter and purchased it and stuck it there. I recently seen a 640i with something like 20" wheels and a M6 on the trunk lid. The giveaway from my view was NO dual exhaust and only had the dual single exhaust (single pipe X2). This car to me was very disturbing. Don't ruin a nice looking car and don't put yourself in a position that you would be explaining to someone that your car is not really an M, I just want people to think it is and now that the cat is out of the bag, don't tell anyone!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
There is no such /// M package from the factory WHERE the emblem is placed on the trunk of a Non "M" car. As we all know there are plenty of ///M packages coming out of the factory, but again not on the trunk. These are mainly on the wheels, body trim and a few places in the interior. If you see a car with this emblem on the trunk someone put it there. Could be that the dealer did this, but I doubt that a US dealer would do such a thing. I do see a lot of this in Europe and my gut feeling is that the customer went to the parts counter and purchased it and stuck it there. I recently seen a 640i with something like 20" wheels and a M6 on the trunk lid. The giveaway from my view was NO dual exhaust and only had the dual single exhaust (single pipe X2). This car to me was very disturbing. Don't ruin a nice looking car and don't put yourself in a position that you would be explaining to someone that your car is not really an M, I just want people to think it is and now that the cat is out of the bag, don't tell anyone!
End of the day though ,its his or her's personal decision on what they would like to do with their car. Its like the guys in the ghetto neighborhoods with 24 inch chrome rims, everything blinged out and loud systems. Some people point the finger and laugh but really thats what he or she desires, who am I to rag on them. As long as they like it and their happy with it then to each and his own. I made this thread for people to see what the progress of the car is,not to get bashed lol. Anyways lets enjoy the car, and not turn this thread into anything else.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by MFanatic 5
End of the day though ,its his or her's personal decision on what they would like to do with their car. Its like the guys in the ghetto neighborhoods with 24 inch chrome rims, everything blinged out and loud systems. Some people point the finger and laugh but really thats what he or she desires, who am I to rag on them. As long as they like it and their happy with it then to each and his own. I made this thread for people to see what the progress of the car is,not to get bashed lol. Anyways lets enjoy the car, and not turn this thread into anything else.
I'm not ragging on you, or at least I don't mean to. I might if you were throwing the full M5 on the rear. But you are correct, it does come down to personal choice and the desires of each individual. IMO I personally would not want to explain to someone when they comment on how nice my car is and then start pointing out or asking details about the M5 and then I would have to say well, it's not an M5 I just put that there. That would be my personal preference which I am entitled to. I guess it's kinda like buying a fake Rolex. You're doing a nice job on your car and detailing the progress. But be open minded when you put something like this out there, you will get comments from all sides. Otherwise, you should post in the beginning saying only positive comments are allowed.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I'm not ragging on you, or at least I don't mean to. I might if you were throwing the full M5 on the rear. But you are correct, it does come down to personal choice and the desires of each individual. IMO I personally would not want to explain to someone when they comment on how nice my car is and then start pointing out or asking details about the M5 and then I would have to say well, it's not an M5 I just put that there. That would be my personal preference which I am entitled to. I guess it's kinda like buying a fake Rolex. You're doing a nice job on your car and detailing the progress. But be open minded when you put something like this out there, you will get comments from all sides. Otherwise, you should post in the beginning saying only positive comments are allowed.
Understood.

Quick Reply: MFanatics Project M Build Thread