E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Meisterschaft Exhaust for M5???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Have any of you guys on here had (have) a Meisterschaft exhaust on your E60 M5? I've been considering getting one, as i've heard they make a pretty good gain HP wise. Any of you know for a fact? I know they sound amazing, as i've heard them on YouTube, and if it sounds awesome on there, then it should sure as hell sound amazing in person!!

Just really after thoughts and advice. Especially from you that have or have had one!

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

They are a very pricey exhaust and pretty darn good sounding. I just don't know if they make any gains.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

I know that the majority on here swear by RPI. And I am not knocking them whatsoever, they're amazing exhausts. I just can't decide which to get! Gene is saying RPI all the way, and I tend to agree considering all the work they have put into manufacturing them and the gains they DO make! But I kinda prefer the noise from the Meisterschaft, but like you said, gains!?! I have read that they do achieve some pretty good gains of circa 10hp+, but I just don't know how true that is...

Some more input would be greatly appreciated guys!!

Help me decide!!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I've had the Meisterschaft with carbon fiber tips. It sounded good, but I ended up selling it and I purchased this exhaust. I love the oval offset tips and mean sound!

https://5series.net/forums/topic/978...ust-oval-tips/

Here's how it sounds with section one straight pipe secondary cat deleted, and with a section two with X-pipe resonator delete. The sound is very aggressive!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

I have it and love the way it sounds. I have sec 1,2 & 3. I don't have a concrete answer on the gains but I know Ahmed (member Designo) has it on his M5 and his car makes over 480 whp on a dynojet. Real world gains I don't know as I've never run anyone with a full RPI setup and have yet to see a video of the two directly compared.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for all your help so far guys. I honestly think I am going to stick with the Meisterschaft. It's that or RPI. The sound of the Meisterschaft is amazing though!! I will be going to RPI for the air intake system and pulleys etc I reckon.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Jon M5
Thanks for all your help so far guys. I honestly think I am going to stick with the Meisterschaft. It's that or RPI. The sound of the Meisterschaft is amazing though!! I will be going to RPI for the air intake system and pulleys etc I reckon.
mind as well go full RPI man (ecu remap and all)
Old 05-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Haha!! I had a feeling someone would say that! I don't know dude, that Meisterschaft is one mean sounding piece of kit! Not that the RPI isn't, of course, but I kinda prefer the Meisterschaft! And I know that RPI's have proven considerable gains, but doing research the last few hours, so do Meisterschaft... Meh!! Hard to choose!! Either way, it WILL have an exhaust on this summer!! And wheels... And RPI air system...