E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by ColdList
Shoot you can buy it and I'll keep.all the mods on it for you. $12k in Dinan alone then add a set of wheels (not my HRE. I will put.the M5 166 on). And add the Hamann stuff.

Thanks! I am very excited.
cant afford the car, i already got a bunch of toys haha have fun with your new m5!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by jasperxli
cant afford the car, i already got a bunch of toys haha have fun with your new m5!
hahahaha! I was just kidding. Thanks man! I am very excited!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

I would STRONGLY suggest that you consider the eurocharged tune. I have it. Cost a fraction of the evolve tune yet has the same power gains...not to mention their great customer service. One of my first & favorite mods...
Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
I would STRONGLY suggest that you consider the eurocharged tune. I have it. Cost a fraction of the evolve tune yet has the same power gains...not to mention their great customer service. One of my first & favorite mods...
I can Google it obviously but do you happen to have a link? I like the fact that you can get the Evolve for $990 and it includes the handheld until to flash the ECU yourself with the ability to flash back and forth between factory and Evolve.

I have heard a lot of great things about Eurocharged.

Can't wait to pick my BEAST up. Getting her Friday!

-Mike
Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributors

@ColdList---I sent you a PM regarding fitment of the SSK for a 535xi....I was wondering if you knew if it would fit? Also which exact model do you have?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rkhettry23
@ColdList---I sent you a PM regarding fitment of the SSK for a 535xi....I was wondering if you knew if it would fit? Also which exact model do you have?
Sorry. I did respond. Not sure why you didn't receive. I would suggest that you call UUC at 678-679-5360 to be sure it fits. I believe it does but I do not want to be responsible for giving you the wrong answer. Please ask them for confirmation.

Here is the one I have. It is listed for e60 550i, 545i and 535i with 6-speed. I don;t think X drive makes any difference:

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/share...t=products.asp

-Mike
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
i skipped everyones comments as with the exception of MAYBE myself DKneyYork and one or two members, no one has owned both.

my beloved Goblin was a Stage 3 Dinan 545i with super sprint headers and full exhaust, Dinan Hi Flow intake, RPI scoops, lowered, sitting on 20" Cor Forged 3 piece wheels....aside from the automatic transmission....i was driving almost the same car as what you have now.

DO NOT think for one moment that keeping your Dinan 550i will be anything similar to owning a BEAST. they are worlds apart in every single way. they come with an entire new community of people and a new style of driving. if it is honestly within your financial means, this is a complete no brainer.

sell the shit out of those mods....put the aesthetic ones on your M5 if you like. or keep it natural sans those beautiful new HRE wheels. but dont for a second stay on the fence because you think that ur Dinan 550i is in any way comparable. period.

people will warn you about maintenance....again, if its in your means then maintenance is not an issue. i do 80% of my maintanance but have the budget to pay a shop/dealer if i liked....that went into my purchase decision. parts are much more expensive....but this thing does 200mph damn near right off the lot....its the price of entry.

there is no reason to think. just buy. (if its within your means)

the only regret i have about buying my M5 is not having the money to buy one sooner lol
Man were you right Chris! I picked up my 2010 Carbon Black Beast yesterday and drove it for 9 hours from Palm Beach to Atlanta. It is AMAZING. MINT condition too. In my opinion, the M5 is an entirely different class of car. The powerband is never ending and off the line that SMG will snap your neck through the gears. Shortly after getting on the highway a new Camaro convert. pulls up to admire my car then we go for it. I left him like he was standing still! A few miles later I decided to open her up for a few secs and I was amazed that at 145 it was like the car just began accelerating. There was no loss in power or sign that it was even close to slowing down. I ran into traffic so I had to let off but all I can say so far is WOW!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the advice. I was on the fence and you pushed me right over the edge.

Mike
Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by ColdList
Man were you right Chris! I picked up my 2010 Carbon Black Beast yesterday and drove it for 9 hours from Palm Beach to Atlanta. It is AMAZING. MINT condition too. In my opinion, the M5 is an entirely different class of car. The powerband is never ending and off the line that SMG will snap your neck through the gears. Shortly after getting on the highway a new Camaro convert. pulls up to admire my car then we go for it. I left him like he was standing still! A few miles later I decided to open her up for a few secs and I was amazed that at 145 it was like the car just began accelerating. There was no loss in power or sign that it was even close to slowing down. I ran into traffic so I had to let off but all I can say so far is WOW!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the advice. I was on the fence and you pushed me right over the edge.

Mike
Congrats. Did those HRE wheels guide you to the beast?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

We need PICTURES!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Front lip still available?

Quick Reply: MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers