E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

maya 20 inch rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T_SilverE60: I used Neat Image software to clean up your pics, results:

Old 01-28-2004, 04:35 PM

Wink

Oh, my can you take me for a ride!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Members

micko, thanks for the touch up on the pictures. thanks everyone for nice the comments

the ride with the 20's are just as smooth as the 18's however, i feel more of the bumps on the road with the twenties...that maybe due to the tires. the acceleration isn't quite as quick. although these maya wheels are lighter than most brands, nevertheless they're a little heavier than the original sports package 18's. with the sports package as many of you know, the car is little lower w/the sports suspension and the sports springs...so fortunately i didn't have the to alter the springs or suspension.

as far as the lip looking deeper in the front...well that might be the angle at which the picture was taken. the rear lip is definetly deeper than the front...
the wheels are 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 in the rear... i'm going to really hate it when i have to replace the tires....dang they're expensive..

thanks again guys!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:06 PM
mike

What type of tire did you purchase? Also, with the 20" can you ride with a full load and the tires not rub? I will receive my 545 sport (same color) in March and I am deeply concern with Maya 20" changing the comfort of riding (ie: feeling every bump in the road). But, your wheels really make the car standout above the factor wheels.

I have four family members that would be riding in this car, pehaps you can understand why I asked the above questions. Maybe I should go with the 19"?

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Mike
Old 02-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Members

mike,
go ahead and get the 20's if you like them...the tires do not rub. I've had a full load of five adults and it does not affect the drive at all...plus w/19's you may notice a pretty good size wheel gap... especailly if you get the bridgestone potenza s-03...that's the brand i have.

if you go with a different brand tire...the 19's may fit. so...a 545 huh...man i'm envious, that baby must fly
Old 02-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Mike

Thank for your response. I am sold on the Maya 20" inch rims; however, I have one last question. what size rim did your get 20" 8.5 front and 20" 9.5 rear, or did you go with 20" 9 front and 20" 10 rear.

Oh, almost forgot. I reside in Germany, this is why I bought the 545I because I can really drive the car at 150 Mph. Once I return back to the U.S. I will sale the car (keep the rims) and purchase hopefully a 535 at that time. I think you made the right choice with the 530, it has good power and great gas mileage.

Again thank you for your support.
Mike.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 AM
joe

Hi,

I am also interested in the rim size. Are the rims 9/20 front and 10/20 rear?

They really look deep!!! Great choice of rim and tire.

Joe
Old 06-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Members

micko, thanks for the touch up on the pictures. thanks everyone for nice the comments?

the ride with the 20's are just as smooth as the 18's however, i feel more of the bumps on the road with the twenties...that maybe due to the tires. the acceleration isn't quite as quick. although these maya wheels are lighter than most brands, nevertheless they're a little heavier than the original sports package 18's. with the sports package as many of you know, the car is little lower w/the sports suspension and the sports springs...so fortunately i didn't have the to alter the springs or suspension.

as far as the lip looking deeper in the front...well that might be the angle at which the picture was taken. the rear lip is definetly deeper than the front...
the wheels are 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 in the rear... i'm going to really hate it when i have to replace the tires....dang they're expensive..

thanks again guys!
Hey T_SilverE60,

I thinking about getting your same rims however in chrome. A couple of questions for you. First off with did you get 245/35/20, instead of the recommend 245/30/20? (the same for the rear, they [tirerack, tires.com, etc] recomend 295/25/20, that me be why you acceralation is also affected). Second, with a larger tire size, do you have any rubbing? Third, you mentioned no problems with the ride except you feel the bumps more, if so how much more? Fourth, any vibration problems? (did they have to used hub rings to install?) Fifth, any problems with bending rims? Sixth, if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the set of rims? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure that I get the all facts. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Members

MAYA WHEELS ARE SICK IM WAITING TO GET MY RT5'S NEXT TUESDAY IN BLACK GOING ON MY 04 525 ANYWAY THOSE WHEELS ARE AWESOME
Old 06-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

nice ride.. one question. How deep are the lips on your front and rear wheels. I'm having 20" 3 pc Asanti wheels made right now and I'm debating on the Lip size to go in the front. They are saying to do 4" lip in the rear and a 3.5" in the front. Personally I think it looks sick with a phat lip on the front along with the rears..

Quick Reply: maya 20 inch rims