E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Magnaflow for quad exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I had the option to get a used M5 e60 and trade in the old 545, but I have decided that the 20K-25K difference was not worth it right now. So, I'm contemplating about upgrading the looks of my existing 545.

1. Can I use magnaflow brand to replace my OE exhaust when I want to go quad exhaust? The other brands (Remus and RDSport) are more expensive. Each muffler cost $175 installed and the dual tips cost $90 each (need 2).

2. Is there any modification that needs to be done or can the new mufflers fix OK under each side of the car?

3. Do I installed the M5 rear bumper first and the old exhaust will stick out OK until I get the exhaust work done?

4. Do I have to remove 1 of the resonator or can I keep all 3 in place?

5. I am OK with the stock sound and really don't want a "throatier" sound. Is it possible with the magnaflow?

6. What's the best price for material, painting, and installing the rear and front bumpers? I think I can do the skirts myself.

Thanks for all your responses.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Senior Members

I can answer a couple of those. The magnaflows will fit of course theyll be positioned differently without modifications. Any good muffler shop wil recommend what type inlet offset , center outlet to make sure you get maximum clearnace from the ground. You will need an aftermarket rear diffuser like the hamann or you can get custom cut from a body shop which is a must in order to get the tips sticking out.or like some of us you can get the M5 bumper , and these need to be done first. If you want a slighlty louder than stock sound with a little rumble leave the resonators. If you can do the side skirts then you can install the rest. Pm Quad M our resident mtech/m5 parts dealer.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

member imsortofabigdeal has magnaflow quads on his 530i and sounds awesome, so how much more on a 545 with the v8. also, he has gone with the M5 bumper already i believe but hasnt posted pictures of it. you could probably pm him about the fitment and anything else. as for the resonators, see how you like the sound with all 3 still on. you always have the option of taking one or more out. good luck with the modding.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='459938' date='Aug 18 2007, 01:14 AM
member imsortofabigdeal has magnaflow quads on his 530i and sounds awesome, so how much more on a 545 with the v8. also, he has gone with the M5 bumper already i believe but hasnt posted pictures of it. you could probably pm him about the fitment and anything else. as for the resonators, see how you like the sound with all 3 still on. you always have the option of taking one or more out. good luck with the modding.
I'm going with the M5 rear bumper. I'll pm imsorofabigdeal and see if I can get some more info. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jordan23junkee' post='459886' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:41 PM
I can answer a couple of those. The magnaflows will fit of course theyll be positioned differently without modifications. Any good muffler shop wil recommend what type inlet offset , center outlet to make sure you get maximum clearnace from the ground. You will need an aftermarket rear diffuser like the hamann or you can get custom cut from a body shop which is a must in order to get the tips sticking out.or like some of us you can get the M5 bumper , and these need to be done first. If you want a slighlty louder than stock sound with a little rumble leave the resonators. If you can do the side skirts then you can install the rest. Pm Quad M our resident mtech/m5 parts dealer.
The side skirts looks easy, I don't know about the rear; the front bumper looks complicated. All I have in the garage is a $59.00 tool set and some loose Craftsman tools, so I don't think I can handle the front or the rear bumper.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

We are currently having a group buy if price was your main issue with Remus.
If it is still the case after the discount, you could always use our universal exhausts, just a thought.