E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5Tech Umitza Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome... so in case you haven't seen my car before in some pics, it's also a white 535. While I was clicking this thread.. I was saying.. "please be a white 535, please be white 535" .. low and behold. Looks great and a good data point for me with future decisions.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'm thinking the center mount bracket is the one with the styrofoam crash pad on it. I left the original one in place and the bumper fit, it was just tight. I will have another look at it when I return from Germany and maybe trim some material off the bottom to get a better fit.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Looks awesome. I love the matte black diffuser on the AW. Very clean ride.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I'm thinking the center mount bracket is the one with the styrofoam crash pad on it. I left the original one in place and the bumper fit, it was just tight. I will have another look at it when I return from Germany and maybe trim some material off the bottom to get a better fit.
thats what i did

not sure if the m-tech rep fitment is the same as the m5tech , although im sure theres difference

if the problem of cushion pad you're talking about is the same as what i'm talking about

your lower center grill should be in the way,

trim a bit off the bottom of the foam piece and it should fit fine.

My bumper now is currenly mounted on without the center backet mount

I checked today and it's pretty tight and secure already.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by cgeetaryan
thats what i did

not sure if the m-tech rep fitment is the same as the m5tech , although im sure theres difference

if the problem of cushion pad you're talking about is the same as what i'm talking about

your lower center grill should be in the way,

trim a bit off the bottom of the foam piece and it should fit fine.

My bumper now is currenly mounted on without the center backet mount

I checked today and it's pretty tight and secure already.
I'm not either, although they do look similar in this area. I'll have to look more into it when I return as my wife has been a little frustrated with me for spending so much time on this car and ignoring her... yes, I referring to the styrofoam pad and bracket that sits behind where the tag if. On mine, I had a collision with this pad and the upper part of the lower grill. I believe there were two screws there. So you currently removed this bracket with the styrofoam? I'll be trimming mine soon. Sux that I have to pull the bumper to do this..!!! Oh well. I hope you do realize the main function of this pad is for crash purposes and just happens to provide additional function of bumper support. I would be putting it back on as soon as possible.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

Nice mod. Is it me or the side skirt looks shorted out?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

You're correct, the replicas are a little short at the front when the rear is aligned. You can see the atachment in post #10 for more details.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Tony, read through your PDF today. It's very thorough, if you don't mind - we 'd like to tweak it a bit, clean up the spelling, and use it as a general guide for install tips (though most people will be doing this through shops, some might do it like you).
Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Originally Posted by umnitza
Tony, read through your PDF today. It's very thorough, if you don't mind - we 'd like to tweak it a bit, clean up the spelling, and use it as a general guide for install tips (though most people will be doing this through shops, some might do it like you).
Really? No offense but shouldn't you have made your own guide a long time ago?

What really sets me off is that you would like to 'tweak it a bit' when you guys made it clear to Tony on the phone that, "We just sell the kits, we don't install them..." - so what expertise would you use on his PDF that you failed to deliver on the phone?

And making a public statement about spelling?? Shameful.

Tony's installation story was the catalyst to me going the OEM route.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Sublime
Really? No offense but shouldn't you have made your own guide a long time ago?

What really sets me off is that you would like to 'tweak it a bit' when you guys made it clear to Tony on the phone that, "We just sell the kits, we don't install them..." - so what expertise would you use on his PDF that you failed to deliver on the phone?

And making a public statement about spelling?? Shameful.

Tony's installation story was the catalyst to me going the OEM route.
Your comments are rude and uncalled for. Didn't realize you were Tony's spokesperson.
We use a local body shop that does all the work for us, we don't need to be experts in installations of every product in our store, no one ca be.

We had shown the guide to them and they offered to tweak them for our customers. Ironically, this same offer is available to ALL our customers as we have a good working relationship with our local shop and they are always willing to spend 10 minutes on the phone helping any of our customers out with install. That's what happens when you give them 5-10 bumpers every month to do.

Now if someone had not offered that service to Tony on the phone, I think we need to discuss directly with Tony and apologize re: not giving him the info that our local shop is able to help him out.

Quick Reply: M5Tech Umitza Installed