E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 style front bumper for 2008+ 535i

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, Black/Natural Brown, Sport, Nav, CWP

hello to all, thanks for reading this post.
After doing some online research I'm having hard time deciding on the M5 (not the MTech) style bumper. I have read some bad reviews about certain companies and the quality of their bumpers so that really worries me. It seems like there is plently bolt-on applications for 2004-2007 e60s, but it seems like it gets a lot more difficult when it comes to 2008+. I have been even told that by local perfomance shop that there is no application for my vehicle and I would have to do OEM style, and buy a bunch of extra parts for the conversion to M5.

If you currently have a 08+ BMW 535i and you have the M5 style bumper, please post on this forum(im not sure if the fittment for 528 is the same). Specifically, here are some of my concerns?
1. fittment? (did you need additional modifications done to the bumper, or was is straight bolt on?, also how satisfied are you with the finished product after installation)
2. extra parts? (did you have to order any extra parts for the bumper support, etc.?)
3. Fogs of no-fogs?... (I have seen both styles online, I would rather get the version with the fog lights)
4. anything else that i would have to be aware off.

Just to throw it out there...I do not have PDC, so i'm looking for non-PDC type.
Also, if you are replying to this post, and have available pics, please feel free to post them as well.
I'm ready to get the bumper right now if I can find something that will fit 100% and wont give me any surprises, etc.

Once again, thanks a lot. I will be looking forward to some positive feedback, however negaitve feedback is appreciated as well (hope for the best, prepare for the worst)
Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Members

Well I had the body kit aftermarket. You only get very little fitting issues they are not a big deal imo, and you don't need any extra parts.

Most of them have the fog lights.

And again, most of them are non PDC. the pdc is not something cheap (here in Istanbul), but it's simple, you just get the diameter of your pdc holes then make them on the nonpdc ones.

All in all, you should be okay with aftermarket. Just keep in mind, no matter what, the quality of the material surely cannot be compared to the original bmw product. As long as your insurance will cover for them if something happens, I'd say go go go !
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535I

I've got the M5Tech front bumper. It's different then the M5 but if you have questions, let me know. I can tell you the M5 bumper is wider on the sides due to the flared wheel wells, the fogs are different, the bumper mounts are different and the brake ducts are different then the 535.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Other than the wider sides, I think the only noticeable difference between the two bumpers is the lack of foglamps on the M5 (where the brake ducts go). There may be more subtle differences and maybe someone else can point them out.

Either way you go you will need the different ducting if you want to keep it as close to OEM as possible. You may need to hack off some of the bumper cushioning or remove it entirely for proper fitment. If your car has Night Vision or Active Cruise Control then you will have to buy relocation brackets and fabricate the openings in the grille yourself. Last time I checked the aftermarked grille's were one piece where OEM is actually 3 interchangeable pieces.

These are the reasons why I chose OEM since the kit includes almost every part needed for the retrofit, not to mention NO fitment issues whatsoever. After seeing up close what the OEM differences are I can easily spot a knock-off. Many people may not find this important but using OEM parts can give you leverage when selling the car. Unfortunately, it seems that BMW is no longer producing the OEM kits.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i 20"Concept One / C F Emblems / JB4 / M5 Front / R1 Concept Rotors / Vorsteiner Spoiler (waiting on...)

I just ordered an M5 Replica bumper from ModBargins yesterday (2/20), along with the standard fog lamps that are optional with the kit. I'm anxious to replace the front end due to the paint chipping off, plus I think the M5 front looks better than the "stock" or ordinary front end.....Will keep you posted as to the progress / quality / installation...
Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by TWH37885
I just ordered an M5 Replica bumper from ModBargins yesterday (2/20), along with the standard fog lamps that are optional with the kit. I'm anxious to replace the front end due to the paint chipping off, plus I think the M5 front looks better than the "stock" or ordinary front end.....Will keep you posted as to the progress / quality / installation...
Hey let me know how that kit goes iam really thinking about getting the kit from modbargains thanks!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

Guys, if you want the kit, you can contact Umnitza or Trinity Autosport. They are vendors on this forum.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i 20"Concept One / C F Emblems / JB4 / M5 Front / R1 Concept Rotors / Vorsteiner Spoiler (waiting on...)

Originally Posted by 07550ibmw
Hey let me know how that kit goes iam really thinking about getting the kit from modbargains thanks!!
Not a problem; just received shipping manifest late yesterday, should be @ my place early next week.....
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

All the bumpers that are sold by Modbargains are the same as sold by us or Trinity, but we both sell them for a lot less. I believe we only offer them as Greyhound shipping, Door to Door biz/res as an option.

You can't really go wrong with these M5tech kits, and we will not be undersold for them. We've got a full supply.

To answer the OP questions:
If you currently have a 08+ BMW 535i and you have the M5 style bumper, please post on this forum(im not sure if the fittment for 528 is the same). Specifically, here are some of my concerns?
1. fittment? (did you need additional modifications done to the bumper, or was is straight bolt on?, also how satisfied are you with the finished product after installation)

We have an E61 wagon we use for fitment. 0 issues at all. We've taken it on and off 2 times and it just plugs back in no problem. Same for the rear on our customer's cars here at the Federal Auto body shop.

2. extra parts? (did you have to order any extra parts for the bumper support, etc.?)

No, you won't need extra parts except you will need new fog lights. You cannot reuse yours.

3. Fogs of no-fogs?... (I have seen both styles online, I would rather get the version with the fog lights)

We offer standard fogs or the upgraded Projector fogs and we offer a deal when you buy the fogs and HID Xenon Canbus non-Error kit.

You need to make sure you deal with a good shop that handles installs properly. Otherwise, a lot of blame gets laid on the kits when it's really the shop's fault to begin with.

Just to throw it out there...I do not have PDC, so i'm looking for non-PDC type.
Also, if you are replying to this post, and have available pics, please feel free to post them as well.

We've literally got 300 E60 bumpers in stock. If you need any, let us know
I'm ready to get the bumper right now if I can find something that will fit 100% and wont give me any surprises, etc.

We can definitely guarantee you won't be dissatisfied with this bumper and we have hundreds of customers both on this site and 2 others than can send you photos or you can look up those photos on our facebook.com/umnitza page yourself in the photos section.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
All the bumpers that are sold by Modbargains are the same as sold by us or Trinity, but we both sell them for a lot less. I believe we only offer them as Greyhound shipping, Door to Door biz/res as an option.

You can't really go wrong with these M5tech kits, and we will not be undersold for them. We've got a full supply.

To answer the OP questions:

We have an E61 wagon we use for fitment. 0 issues at all. We've taken it on and off 2 times and it just plugs back in no problem. Same for the rear on our customer's cars here at the Federal Auto body shop.

No, you won't need extra parts except you will need new fog lights. You cannot reuse yours.

We offer standard fogs or the upgraded Projector fogs and we offer a deal when you buy the fogs and HID Xenon Canbus non-Error kit.

You need to make sure you deal with a good shop that handles installs properly. Otherwise, a lot of blame gets laid on the kits when it's really the shop's fault to begin with.

We've literally got 300 E60 bumpers in stock. If you need any, let us know

We can definitely guarantee you won't be dissatisfied with this bumper and we have hundreds of customers both on this site and 2 others than can send you photos or you can look up those photos on our facebook.com/umnitza page yourself in the photos section.

What is your price for a single exhaust rear bumper? I'm interested in purchasing one also.....Thanks!

Quick Reply: M5 style front bumper for 2008+ 535i