E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 replica mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, so I actually got a chance to hear back from the vendor and he said that the price Phi paid was an introductory price promotion that he had early this year. So we can't get the same deal that Phi got.

However, he did agree to slash prices at which I am extremely happy to present to you guys. All thanks to me! YEAH DADDY!

He basically knocked off $100 on each.

So here it is:

1. Primer color @ $345 U.S./set

2. Half carbon fiber @ $432 U.S./set

3. Full carbon fiber @ $522 U.S./set

Shipping charge to N.America is $103 U.S

- Paint the side mirror into BMW color @ $78 U.S.

- added Heated glass @ $16 U.S.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think I've finally found that Birthday gift for myself now, if I could only see some pics of these installed with close-ups, so that I can see what fitment is like... a boy can dream, right?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='956416' date='Jul 28 2009, 01:18 AM
I think I've finally found that Birthday gift for myself now, if I could only see some pics of these installed with close-ups, so that I can see what fitment is like... a boy can dream, right?
You know member: AKAlius? That's what he has here and he says they are very very well made:

Now that I think about it, Why didnt you share this earlier with anyone else Phi? Effing bastard! We couldve gotten the same deal! lol
Old 07-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='956419' date='Jul 28 2009, 02:25 AM
Now that I think about it, Why didnt you share this earlier with anyone else Phi? Effing bastard! We couldve gotten the same deal! lol
I thought Phi was a little cagey

Thanks for the pic! Not exactly a close-up but I can search now - didn't realize Phi's mirrors were already installed and photographed (I know - I amaze myself sometimes )
Old 07-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

This thread made me laugh a lot

I am not say anything about Speed_Force and just tell what I known about NVD

NVD Autosport http://nvdautosport.com/index.html is the M5 replica manufacturer located in Thailand not in Taiwan.

Their Fiberglass quality out of expected. Which too rough and a lot of dent. , Better prepare extra money for the paint shop if prefer the primered one But their CF look in 2D version only. Therefore, All CF version also not a good choice.

Their shape really close to real M5 mirror, It might be a good choice if don't mind lost function and close-up look. One of our side member received the price list from NVD directly on March 2009 as below:
1. Primer color @ $270 U.S./set
2. Half carbon fiber @ $345 U.S./set
3. Full carbon fiber @ $450 U.S./set
Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

wow sweet!!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='956419' date='Jul 28 2009, 01:25 AM
You know member: AKAlius? That's what he has here and he says they are very very well made:

Hey guys, FYI, I did share this info earlier this year. I posted a thread in March when I got these installed. I can't seem to find the thread now, but there are many members who bought these mirrors after I posted the info a while back. I'm not holding out on anything, it's just that nobody asked me for info on these as of late.

As for the fiberglass quality. I dont think its poor at all. It is smooth everywhere visible. Mine has no dents from poor fiber work. It looks great actually. I do not regret buying these at all. I think its the most bang for the buck IMHO. I paid almost $500 painted and shipped so I think it was a great buy. I would suggest that you have them paint it, as the lower portion that is black will be done to scale.

The rubber gasket from your OEM factory mirrors are transfered over to the reps. This is where I have slight fitment problems. The gasket seems to be too thick on the bottom corner, so it does not sit all the way flush, but you would have to compare it to OEM to tell the difference. Not a big deal to me, as this can be fixed if I trim the rubber gasket a little to allow it to sit flush.

Vlad, as for "cagey," thats an understatement.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='956543' date='Jul 28 2009, 06:11 AM
This thread made me laugh a lot

I am not say anything about Speed_Force and just tell what I known about NVD

NVD Autosport http://nvdautosport.com/index.html is the M5 replica manufacturer located in Thailand not in Taiwan.

Their Fiberglass quality out of expected. Which too rough and a lot of dent. , Better prepare extra money for the paint shop if prefer the primered one But their CF look in 2D version only. Therefore, All CF version also not a good choice.

Their shape really close to real M5 mirror, It might be a good choice if don't mind lost function and close-up look. One of our side member received the price list from NVD directly on March 2009 as below:
1. Primer color @ $270 U.S./set
2. Half carbon fiber @ $345 U.S./set
3. Full carbon fiber @ $450 U.S./set
First of all, if you actually read the comments before yours, you would see that the price list NVD gave earlier this year was for a special promotion only in which member: AKAlius was able to get in on and get a good deal.
Secondly, mirrors come painted on request so there is no need to take it to the body shop. As soon as you recieve them you'll be able to just install them. I will take AKAlius's testimonial as to how well these are made, and so far he is a trusted member and says these mirrors are a great buy/great quality.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

if you can talk to the vendor and atleast get him to add in the puddle lamp feature, he is going to make a killing!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='957478' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:11 PM
if you can talk to the vendor and atleast get him to add in the puddle lamp feature, he is going to make a killing!
I will be retrofitting my puddle lights. I'll make sure to create a DIY.

Afterall, it's just fiberglass and carbon fiber.

Quick Reply: M5 replica mirrors