E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

m5 rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: none
Default m5 rear bumper

hey guys! im looking to do a quad exhaust on an 08 550i msport with either the mtech quad diffuser or the m5 rear bumper.. where are you guys getting yours from? and how is the fitment?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can go OEM or aftermarket. OEM will provide better quality and fitment. Umnitza and TrinityAutosport are two venders on the forum that carry the aftermarket bumpers. You should know that the spacing of the openings on the aftermarket bumper are different than the OEM bumper (on at least the M5 replica vs OEM M5 bumper). You'll also be looking at limited selection of diffusers if you decide not to go with an OEM bumper. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by west
You can go OEM or aftermarket. OEM will provide better quality and fitment. Umnitza and TrinityAutosport are two venders on the forum that carry the aftermarket bumpers. You should know that the spacing of the openings on the aftermarket bumper are different than the OEM bumper (on at least the M5 replica vs OEM M5 bumper). You'll also be looking at limited selection of diffusers if you decide not to go with an OEM bumper. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks alot for your help west. Initially I wanted to go OEM, but the OEM bumper looks like it'll be quite costly. When you say that the aftermarket bumper spacing of the openings are different, are you talking about the PDC? Or where the bumper attaches to the body? Would it be too much of a problem of a shop to put on? I have to get it painted either way. I've already looked into the diffusers, and my favorite is the mtech quad one, but i can only find it in carbon fiber, which means i'll still need it painted, and it'll run me around the same price as getting the OEM bumper.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I have a quad diffuser for the MTech if you are interested in it let me know. I bought it and just before I received it I came across a Hamann quad diff. So I have two now. Obviously the Hamann is installed. This diff fits nice to the aftermarket MTech but I don't know about figment to the oem.

I believe west means that the quad opening are not like oem. If you go m5 rep you will need to install bumper then have exhaust ran. the other problem as he stated, is that aftermarket bolt on parts do not fit well to rep bumpers unless you are buying them from where you got the bumper. If you buy something from eBay for an example chances are that it will not fit.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:50 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I have a quad diffuser for the MTech if you are interested in it let me know. I bought it and just before I received it I came across a Hamann quad diff. So I have two now. Obviously the Hamann is installed. This diff fits nice to the aftermarket MTech but I don't know about figment to the oem.

I believe west means that the quad opening are not like oem. If you go m5 rep you will need to install bumper then have exhaust ran. the other problem as he stated, is that aftermarket bolt on parts do not fit well to rep bumpers unless you are buying them from where you got the bumper. If you buy something from eBay for an example chances are that it will not fit.
How much are you looking to get for it shipped to 11208? I have the OEM mtech, hopefully it should not be too much of a difference.

Oh, I see what you mean. Well that shouldn't be a problem, that's how I planned on doing it anyway since i want to go with the biggest tips I can. Also, if I go with an aftermarket m5, then I most likely will not need anything else attached to it.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by satish1015
How much are you looking to get for it shipped to 11208? I have the OEM mtech, hopefully it should not be too much of a difference.

Oh, I see what you mean. Well that shouldn't be a problem, that's how I planned on doing it anyway since i want to go with the biggest tips I can. Also, if I go with an aftermarket m5, then I most likely will not need anything else attached to it.
Pm sent