E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

m5 rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by jg525i
no way thats going to fit with out any hiccups... just mine done on the weekend as well just ready for a show, my body shop RANZ MOTOR SPORT did an amazing job cutting and customizing the bumper to fit, i did a vent on the rear also to give it a different look... hope you have a good shop that specializes in customization, coz if not that bent is a no go..
good luck on the project buddy
Your car is pretty clean wow!!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

It appears so many guys have had issues with aftermarket kits, that I say only get OEM. I got aftermarket M5 replica trunk spoiler and it doesn't fit right and the corners are popping up. Only solution now is to glue it on. I got an aftermarket front M5 "Style"front bumper and had to modify the splash shield and "porkchops" to fit correctly. there is a reason why the OEM M Tech kit comes with so many parts and costs more. I did get an OEM M5 rear bumper and didn't realize how ugly it was to see the spare tire well through the splitter. So I went to the stealer and noticed that new 2012 3 Series has a front center screen about the same size as the hole in the M5 bumper. It snapped right in, well not perfect but no more ugly!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by B_Schnell
It appears so many guys have had issues with aftermarket kits, that I say only get OEM. I got aftermarket M5 replica trunk spoiler and it doesn't fit right and the corners are popping up. Only solution now is to glue it on. I got an aftermarket front M5 "Style"front bumper and had to modify the splash shield and "porkchops" to fit correctly. there is a reason why the OEM M Tech kit comes with so many parts and costs more. I did get an OEM M5 rear bumper and didn't realize how ugly it was to see the spare tire well through the splitter. So I went to the stealer and noticed that new 2012 3 Series has a front center screen about the same size as the hole in the M5 bumper. It snapped right in, well not perfect but no more ugly!
On that note can't go wrong with OEM may cost a bit more but you won't have fitment issues
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by b00sted415
On that note can't go wrong with OEM may cost a bit more but you won't have fitment issues
+1
Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Members

Even if you get OEM ones there are parts that will have to be replaced to make it work. On another hand, why would you want to make your car look like something it's not. Mtech rears are great looking. M5 rears on a non M with a single exhaust is too much IMHO.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by spidereddie
So my 5er body kit is coming along with its fair share of hiccups. Here's an update pic from the body shop I took today with the umnitza rear installed (sans paint). I'm pretty upset with that bend at the bottom between the exhaust tails.

So should I let the shop heat up the bumper to try to straighten it up or should I get this diffuser to cover it up?
Also, do any of you guys know if this aftermarket diffuser will fit the umnitza bumper (assuming I'll need slight modifications)?

Better you check with Umnitza to see if they have a diffuser to cover it up. These after market bumpers often don't accept other parts because the geometry is not the same unless the manufacturer of the bumper is making a diffuser as an add on. This is not in all cases, but the chances are pretty high that it won't properly fit.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by spidereddie
Well guys, I'm not the most mechanically inclinded guy in the world, but I reckon myself pretty smart.

So I thought I could maybe "push" the bend out. So I looked for a small, sturdy, adjustable, preferrably black stick of some sort
to straighten out that bend.

And then it hit me. LEGOS!

I measured it up, used as many of the bricks as I could to get close and then the flat ones to "fine tune" the height. I wrapped
it in black vinyl, used 3m double sided tape and then I just shoved it in there and voila!

After pics:

Please tell me these legos are only temporary to attemtp to straighten out the bend and then they will be removed?