E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

m5 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: /// 2006 | 530I | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport / Prem / Navi / IPod | LCI EURO SPEC Tail's | LED Licence plate bulbs | LED side turn indicators | Roof Spoiler MORE TO COME!!!!

LOL, that makes 2 of us to start off with, we'll recruit more people in the confused unsolved mysteries of the m5 mirrors section in the forums, LOL
Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Well let me try... see if this will clear things up...

For OEM (keep in mind it'll be pricey) you can chk w/ Garry Romani if you wanna go localy in the US or from Europe chk w/ member 530dA (I got mine from him, Seydi is a great guy) http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=56873, as far as future... what I got is a full featured mirror that has everything... folding ability (not working w/ my car), puddle led light & EC auto-dim mirror... this kind of mirror cost $300-$400.

For replica chk post #3 and or #40 above that seems to have it but nobody knows what their quality as they just surfaced recently, AFAIK the replica is a 1 piece (OEM are 2 pieces top & the black bottom portion) and usually (not for sure) they use the original mirror motor from your current car & as far as future... as your current mirror has auto-dip on reverse and that pretty much it... the glass is std glass so no heating (but some maybe?) & no auto-dim, the housing have no folding & puddle light... and some can't even manually fold but I'm not sure which one which I just heard what people said and there maybe many version of replica out there.

Hope that helps.