E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by misal1091
just bought it from umnitza. the greyhound place is on my way to the body shop im going to...not a big deal

thanks anyways guys!
Ginder, chill out with upgrades to your car and focus on some fine desi ass .
Old 08-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

does anyone know who sells m5 front bumpers made of good material for the 5 series? and pre-painted

thanks!

..Check with forum member "Bahamutzyro" for his nicely priced (cheap) for e60 BMW OEM m5 fenders, bumpers

Hope this helps!!

Eddie aka Presley348
Old 08-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Sorry to bump this back up to the top'ish, but I'm reading and wanted to clarify a few things.

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
is removing the front bumper something that anyone can do? or is it bodyshop material
It's a piece of cake really. It's so simple that anyone can do it.

It requires 1 8mm socket with wrench, 2 working fingers to unclip parts, a torx screw driver, and a little pulling. It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to remove the whole thing.

Transferring all the parts from one to the other will take you 20-30 minutes.
Re-install is an equal 10-20 minutes.

You get results like this with little effort:
before:

after:

Originally Posted by Howitzer
If you buy from Umnitza THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DROP-SHIP PRODUCT, prepare to have your shit sent via a Greyhound bus where you gotta schlep your ass to a bus station in BFE and pick it up! :thumbsdown:

(whoopsie, on the anti-Umnitza bandwagon again)
It's funny how younger russian guys these days hold grudges for the littlest things. Chill out dude. Enough is enough. We ship greyhound, they offer a good service that is significantly cheaper than the others.

We now offer the same shipping service as Trinity and all the others, and Pilot Delivery is crap just as much as anyone else's.

But if you want door to door for larger bumpers, you have 2 choices, pay a LOT less for Greyhound or pay more for equally crappy but a different crappy Pilot delivery.

Pilot door to door is $90-120, but they have to call, arrange delivery, they almost never show when they say they will (our experience in 30+ bumpers we've shipped with them).

Greyhound has it's own issues like a total lack of tracking, but the bumpers have never been lost and only had 2 out of now over 6000+ greyhound shipments in the last 2 years.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Depends on the fitment. Some of the rep bumpers require a bit of modification for them to sit right. You need to go to a professional to get it painted, why not have them install it too IMO.
This a good idea, however, most shops will charge less to just paint and IMO having them install it for $100 more isn't necessary given how easy the parts are to install.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
I bought my rep bumpers from a member on these forums and to keep cost down we used greyhound to ship it. The body shop I took it to was happy to pick it up for me using one of their trucks.

That said, Umnitza offers the best deal on these reps. Their shipping method sucks, but it does save you a significant amount of money. Just know that most times in life you get what you pay for. Weigh your options and decide for yourself. After all, it is YOUR money. Good luck.
Good luck!
agreed.
Also, we offer door to door, you just have to call us for it.

just bought it from umnitza. the greyhound place is on my way to the body shop im going to...not a big deal

thanks anyways guys!
And you got the bumpers - let us know how the install goes, post the results