E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 fender grills fitted

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Awesome, I wish I had the balls to do this.
X2 .. I would be too afraid that the panel would start to rust or get water trapped somewhere. Looks great though!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
X2 .. I would be too afraid that the panel would start to rust or get water trapped somewhere. Looks great though!

you just primer where you cut, so you cover all the bare metal. Rust will only occur on bare metal.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Awesome, I wish I had the balls to do this.
You can do it Howi!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I am on the fence about putting the "M5 fender grills" on a non m5 - then again, you didn't put on the M5 badging. Regardless of my M5/Non M5 hang-up, I have to admit, it looks nice and you did one hell of a job!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Lookin real good bro,I did'nt have the ball's to do mine so got M-Style in Essex do them instead!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

i never understood that whole M arguement. it's okay to put M wheel's, M mirrors, M steering wheel, M shift knobs. but adding a M fender grill is blasphemy because only real M's are supposed to have them.. hum?

i say, do what you feel looks good to you. afterall, it's your car and you're the one that paid for it. to me, having the M5 rep kit or even the m-tech kit on the car kinda looks imcomplete without the fender grill.

go for it howitzer. a set of black fender grills would look sweet on your ride
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by xenonrider
i never understood that whole M arguement. it's okay to put M wheel's, M mirrors, M steering wheel, M shift knobs. but adding a M fender grill is blasphemy because only real M's are supposed to have them.. hum?

i say, do what you feel looks good to you. afterall, it's your car and you're the one that paid for it. to me, having the M5 rep kit or even the m-tech kit on the car kinda looks imcomplete without the fender grill.

I am with ya on this. We do mods to make our cars look better, whether or not it looks good to everyone that's subjective to perspective. Obviously there are certain looks that only the minority will love. But point being that at the end of the day, we're all only trying to make the car stand out, look cooler, what have you.

For me, I am getting it done tomorrow, no matter what anyone says, lol.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sanj
Lookin real good bro,I did'nt have the ball's to do mine so got M-Style in Essex do them instead!

thanks mate, how much did they charge out if interest. It would be nice to know how much money i saved
Old 06-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xenonrider

+1 xenonrider, at first i was in two minds of even uploading the pics of the fenders. Some people on the forum hate when people try to replicate this particular part of the m5, but its all down to your own taste. I think these grills give a real nice touch to the car.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Daring project, but result is awesome!

Great work!

Quick Reply: M5 fender grills fitted