E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M tech steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

I really like the look of the M tech steering wheel.
Has anybody done this yet in So. Calif.?
If so: How much? Where?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Are you refering to the sport steering wheel?

I doubt there's M tech steering wheel for E60 yet...
Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Sep 7 2005, 11:22 AM
I doubt there's M tech steering wheel for E60 yet...?
[snapback]167894[/snapback]
there is one, its included in the M-sport pack offered to the rest of the world (yes thanks as always BMW NA )...i would also like to know if anyone priced it for SMG....
Old 09-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=14429

There appears to be two different types of these steering wheels
Old 09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm in the process of getting mine done plus the SMG shift paddles from Hobi.
Got the wheel on the internet for half the price of new one.
The full price of the wheel is around 500 USD
plus airbag which is good to get brand new at your dealer for obvious reason, the airbag is about 600 USD.
installation should be simple and sometimes even DIY job
It should be done next week. I will let you guys know and pics....
so with 1000 $ and couple of phone calls and planing it is possible. hopefully I'm half way there
Old 09-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Contributors

good luck and thanks for the info, please keep us updated

...im wondering if anyone with SMG and CWP have tried this yet? would the SMG heated steering wheel use the same airbag or would it require a new one?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

just received the airbag for the M5 wheel and radio control buttons for the wheel for E60 total cost 760 USD.

Now I'm waiting for the steering wheel to arrive. Paid 330 USD.
So far total 1090 USD. If all will work I will have 530i car with steptronic paddels on the wheel Thanks Hobi
Old 09-09-2005, 04:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' date='Sep 8 2005, 08:31 AM
good luck and thanks for the info, please keep us updated

...im wondering if anyone with SMG and CWP have tried this yet?? would the SMG heated steering wheel use the same airbag or would it require a new one??
[snapback]168249[/snapback]
the M5, M tech, and sports steering wheel should have the same airbag.
only the paddles and radio control buttons are different, depending on the car, heated wheel option, etc...
Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Contributors

thanks, I checked the part numbers and they are the same so maybe just a switch out....
Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Members

Peter530i:

Where are you ordering this from?
Who is doing the work?

I thought that an airbag change must be done by a dealer???

THanks for the update

Quick Reply: M tech steering wheel