E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-tech sides wish regular front/back

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i 2007 750i

Does anyone happen to know if that would work (visually), or if anyone has had it (pics would be great).
I vaguely recall seeing a pic of a car like that somewhere but not sure where to find it now.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

The M-Sport side skirts are actually lower than the regular front/rear - putting the M skirts on alone will look a bit awkward, like the car is rubbing it's belly on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd go with getting a front first and then the skirts.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Members

That's why I'm not sure about it, however, like I said I think I've seen a pic with this setup and it did not look awkward. I might be wrong though.

Thing is, I don't like the M front/back, like, at all. Has probably something to do with the fact that everyone and their mother have those down here.
But anyway, I'm still considering which front and back I'll eventually get, if any. However the sides should be clearly replaced asap.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Yep, I actually agree with you on the issue that M-Sport front has become VERY common. But you know what, its still - if not THE best - one of the 2 or 3 best looking fronts for the E60.

I was lucky enough to find a used Alpina kit, so I jumped on it as fast as I could. It may not seem like "all that" in pics, but in real life, people often give me compliments. What I love the most about the Alpina front is how subtle it is - 99% of "general public" has no idea that anything is there at all - they just think that I have a particularly nice looking 5 series. And those who know this is an Alpina, obviously, have deep respect for it.

Another thing about Alpina - it is VERY well made. Extremely well. Having had experience with several different fronts and lips, I must say, Alpina fit like a glove from day one.

Okay, I'm gonna let you get back to the original topic now LOL Sorry for Kanye Westing the thread a little.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

You will get away with the back but not the front. You need a front M-Tech.

Originally Posted by beamlord
Does anyone happen to know if that would work (visually), or if anyone has had it (pics would be great).
I vaguely recall seeing a pic of a car like that somewhere but not sure where to find it now.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Moopai
You will get away with the back but not the front. You need a front M-Tech.
+1 the front is the most important part, but I have seen one or two ppl on here with just the sides. Its been a while, but if you search I am sure youll find them.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by beamlord

Here is "just M" sides (aftermarket....got them from Trinity) with regular front and back. I am happy with the look until I get around to upgrading the front....
Attached Thumbnails M-tech sides wish regular front/back-550.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I think the "m" side skirts are a must even if you don't do the front or the back. It is interesting to note that if you go back to the e39, the look of the e60 "M" side skirt was actually part of the non sport model. Check out my e39 in the photo below. This was a non sport model with the standard side skirt - you can see the "flaring" is what is on the e60 "M" side skirt. I don't know what they were thinking when they deviated from that look...
Attached Thumbnails M-tech sides wish regular front/back-528.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolf
Here is "just M" sides (aftermarket....got them from Trinity) with regular front and back. I am happy with the look until I get around to upgrading the front....
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. Got a pic from the side?

Looks AWESOME, this is what I'm going to do. I don't think I even want an M-front, but I'll think about it sometime later.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Contributors

Get the M5 front replica! I think it looks better than the Mtech version.

Quick Reply: M-tech sides wish regular front/back