E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Tech Rear Bumper Diffuser Replacement Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

My rear diffuser section of the m-sport bumper has picked up a small knock.

looking on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ and on various posts here it seems that this diffuser cover is actually a separate piece to the main rear bumper section. Luckily it seems it can be ordered in europe ready painted relatively cheaply..........appx 70 GBP

the part I am talking about is part #4 HERE

I took a quick look under the car and it appears to be held in place by a few clips and screws but its hard to tell if thats all.

given that a few members have DIY fitted the M-sport kit, does anyone have any instructions (or pdf) they could post up on how to remove/refit the diffuser part of the M-sport bumper?

If its a simple job I might just order the painted part and fit myself.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Jun 25 2005, 09:47 AM
My rear diffuser section of the m-sport bumper has picked up a small knock.

looking on http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ and on various posts here it seems that this diffuser cover is actually a separate piece to the main rear bumper section. Luckily it seems it can be ordered in europe ready painted relatively cheaply..........appx 70 GBP

the part I am talking about is part #4 HERE

I took a quick look under the car and it appears to be held in place by a few clips and screws but its hard to tell if thats all.

given that a few members have DIY fitted the M-sport kit, does anyone have any instructions (or pdf) they could post up on how to remove/refit the diffuser part of the M-sport bumper?

If its a simple job I might just order the painted part and fit myself.
[snapback]142972[/snapback]
If I remember correctly even though the diffuser is a separate piece it fits in such a way that it would be difficult to remove while the bumper is still on the car. It has some clips up on top and sides (besides the ones on the bottom) that would be hard if not impossible to un-click while the bumper is on the car (at least without damaging or braking things). Even if it were possible to remove the diffuser without removing the rear bumper it would probably take just as long or even longer than just removing the rear bumper and replacing the diffuser and putting the bumper back on. When I put on my M Kit it literally took no more than 10 or 15 minutes to remove my old bumper. So my advice would be to remove the bumper, replace the diffuser, and put the bumper back on. Search the forum for the instructions on the installation of the M-Kit. It is a pdf file and has the rear bumper instructions somewhere in it.