E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-TECH KIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 BMW 530i

Hello guys! I got my 530i just a little over 2 months ago... This is my first BMW, so I do not know a whole lot about these cars... I have been searching this forum along with google and couldn't get straight forward real answers. Here's the situation.

My first upgrade I am thinking about getting the M-Tech Kit or m6 rims.

I found a guy selling a complete m-tech kit for $1000 and it is painted the same color as my car.... (JET BLACK) I don't have to get it repainted... He said he paid around $3,500 he had it on a '08 535 for about 6 months and now he sold the car... After researching, I think im getting an awesome deal... He said he has had many offers to get the kit shipped but he doesent want to ship it, that's why he is selling it locally... Should I know anything about these kits? are there like knock off version's made of this kit? before purchasing is there something that i should look for? It is without PDC, and I don't have that anyways... So what you guys think? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='772158' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:24 AM
Hello guys! I got my 530i just a little over 2 months ago... This is my first BMW, so I do not know a whole lot about these cars... I have been searching this forum along with google and couldn't get straight forward real answers. Here's the situation.

I found a guy selling a complete m-tech kit for $1000 and it is painted the same color as my car.... (JET BLACK) I don't have to get it repainted... He said he paid around $3,500 he had it on a '08 535 for about 6 months and now he sold the car... After researching, I think im getting an awesome deal... He said he has had many offers to get the kit shipped but he doesent want to ship it, that's why he is selling it locally... Should I know anything about these kits? are there like knock off version's made of this kit? before purchasing is there something that i should look for? It is without PDC, and I don't have that anyways... So what you guys think? Any help is greatly appreciated!
What year is your car? If your car is Pre LCI 04-07 then you might have a fitment problem installing the kit because the 08 front is different from the previous years, but if its a LCI 08+ then you should be fine.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EV4530' post='772201' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:03 AM
What year is your car? If your car is Pre LCI 04-07 then you might have a fitment problem installing the kit because the 08 front is different from the previous years, but if its a LCI 08+ then you should be fine.
he got 530i so it would be pre lci

sjzking408... by you telling us about kit, we cant tell if it is real or not because there is aftermarket one that looks like mtech kit. you need to do is ask him where he got it from and can take picture of the bumper..

honestly without pic it is hard to tell.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

You may have fitment issues due to your car being a pre-LCI car, good luck with it and enjoy the forums!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='772158' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:24 AM

Email Garry of Newport, RI BMW. gromani@bmwofnewport.com. He will set you up with the proper kit.

There is a pre-LCI kit and a post-LCI kit. the Post-lci kit part numbers end in 920 and 921. The old kits for Pre-LCI end in the 400s.

Hope this helps. I recommend you also to Tischer Automotive http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...;catalogid=4462

Jason with Tischer will answer your questions and Garry will also. Those are the people to get the correct info.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Hope this helps. I recommend you also to Tischer Automotive http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...;catalogid=4462

Jason with Tischer will answer your questions and Garry will also. Those are the people to get the correct info.
[/quote]

Garry is great, but isn't this a great price from Tischer?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 BMW 530i

M-TECH KIT-front_bumper1.jpgM-TECH KIT-front_bumper_2.jpgThank you guys for all the help!!!! I really appreciate it!!! And thanks for the contats as well!!! BTW, my car is a '05

I attached some pictures the seller sent me, tomorow I will find out where it was purcahsed from...
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='772158' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:24 PM

1st is your car a LCI coz the kit will not fit the LCI cars.
You will need a hole load of new part to fit it on you LCI.
A person in HK just change his LCI car to Mtech kit and cost 50% more.
If the guy say yes and it will fit and dont need to change some parts then he is 100% liaing
Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i

Originally Posted by sjzking408' post='773161' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:35 PM
Attachment 69965Attachment 69966Thank you guys for all the help!!!! I really appreciate it!!! And thanks for the contats as well!!! BTW, my car is a '05

I attached some pictures the seller sent me, tomorow I will find out where it was purcahsed from...
You obviously didn't listen to a word we said. If you keep this kit, you are going to have to spend at least another couple of thousand bucks.

That's okay, I am sure that this guy will give you your money back no questions asked.

Good luck! Congrats
Old 01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by jzcrna' post='773452' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:11 PM
You obviously didn't listen to a word we said. If you keep this kit, you are going to have to spend at least another couple of thousand bucks.

That's okay, I am sure that this guy will give you your money back no questions asked.

Good luck! Congrats
I think you didn't listen/read. Those were only pictures the seller had send to him. He didn't buy it yet.
I guess he got the pre-LCI >< LCi thing.

Quick Reply: M-TECH KIT