E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Tech Install Price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545 Sport

Ok, I'm really getting frustrated. First I can't find a body shop that is willing to install a M-Tech kit for me. So upon suggestions I've tried two different dealerships and both are quoting over $2k for the install.

Is that what you guys are paying for your installs!?

Are most of you using dealerships, or just luckier than me, and have body shops that are willing to install?

I tried another body shop this morning and was told that since it didn't come on the car originally it would be considered aftermarket, and they don't do aftermarket installs. They've had too many fitment issues, and have stopped doing any type of aftermarket.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i

Originally Posted by Case' post='795791' date='Feb 18 2009, 09:35 AM
Ok, I'm really getting frustrated. First I can't find a body shop that is willing to install a M-Tech kit for me. So upon suggestions I've tried two different dealerships and both are quoting over $2k for the install.

Are most of you using dealerships, or just luckier than me, and have body shops that are willing to install?

I tried another body shop this morning and was told that since it didn't come on the car originally it would be considered aftermarket, and they don't do aftermarket installs. They've had too many fitment issues, and have stopped doing any type of aftermarket.
Good luck, but I am taking mine to an authorized BMW body shop and they are charging me $1900 for labor. Not pretty, but I feel better that it is BMW authorized.

I got a quote from a local non-bmw shop for $1100, but oh well. My main concern is the paint matching. I elected to go to the BMW place.

I ordered my Mtech kit last month and will have it installed in March when I am on vacation. In hindsight I should have saved the money. The car looks fine the way it is, but I got the itch. I will then have to fork over over 3500 for 172 rims and tires within the next year. aahhhh.$$$$$$

Oh, and BMW just announced an N54 performance upgrade to be available in March. $$$$$$$$
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Those prices are rip-offs. I paid $1100 for my shop to paint and install mine on my old 545 and that was back in 2005. With all the competition out there now, it's gotten cheaper and I think they're charging only $900 now.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Did you look at my reply to your posting on the other thread?

I got mine done at Dan's Autobody and it costs $800 for everything. Paint matching is not a problem since they go by BMW's paint code. I was very pleased with the result that I had them done the M5 trunk finisher and deck lid spoiler in addition to the body kit.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

ECF is right, anybody that paid more than $1100 for both paint and install got ripped off. it take about 3 hours to install the kit.

jzcrna, you definitely paying too much, i hope you dont have money to burn like that. being that you local, theres a lot of body shop that do better work than the so called bmw authorized body shop. im actually friends with swith a couple of mechanics over at fields bmw and they have told me that reason they send people over the so called authorized shop is because is part owned by Fields. me and the guys over at CFBMW.org use http://www.samuelsauto.com/ he's the best in town, i know its a bit far from orlando(sanford) but their work is awesome. theres also another shop by the millenia that also great work.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Thats incredible Case 2k If you were in South FL. I would install it for free. Good luck man!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Members

I can imagine why a body shop would not paint and install M-Tech pieces.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Take it to a body shop and have them paint the parts, for say maybe $500-600 and do the install yourself.....its pretty easy. If you must have someone else do the install just take to a body shop.

Install and paint matching are a simple process that there's no need to get a dealership involved, as we all know they RAPE you. Also just an FYI, many dealerships dont have their own body repair shops, they usually sub out the work to a 3rd party and you wind up paying the mark up.

GL
Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545 Sport

Originally Posted by zen68' post='795843' date='Feb 18 2009, 10:55 AM
Did you look at my reply to your posting on the other thread?

I got mine done at Dan's Autobody and it costs $800 for everything. Paint matching is not a problem since they go by BMW's paint code. I was very pleased with the result that I had them done the M5 trunk finisher and deck lid spoiler in addition to the body kit.
No sorry I missed that. I'll give them a call. Where are they located?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Members

I paid 850 for paint and install of just the front bumper but thats because I had to pay 300 extra for the mtech fog which is by far the biggest ripoff ive come across. I installed the sideskirts myself, pretty easy stuff

Quick Reply: M-Tech Install Price?