E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Tech Aero Kit Install Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I've never noticed the screws... but my car is Ti Gray, so maybe they blend in better?

My bumper is WAY off.... I guess the pics just don't show the gap like in person. I don't have a cam, except for my phone.... so my pic quality sucks.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
NES
Members

Is the gap wide enough for air to pass underneath during higher speeds? If so, does it make the hood wabble? Just curious... im pretty content in getting the M-Kit but knowing these problems before hand will definetly help instead of experiencing them after I get my car... thats when your too upset to even know what to do or where to begin. Thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Contributors

pss Lomag,

the M-kit in mystic blue looks great

thanks once again, BMW NA
Old 05-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='May 5 2005, 01:36 PM
I've never noticed the screws...? but my car is Ti Gray, so maybe they blend in better?

My bumper is WAY off.... I guess the pics just don't show the gap like in person.? I don't have a cam, except for my phone.... so my pic quality sucks.
[snapback]124499[/snapback]
But you do indeed have screws there installed by the body shop? Wierd.. alright then.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 5 2005, 11:13 AM
Any word about those screws underneath? Do you have them and/or do you know what they are holding together? I thought they held the bottom engine cover to the bumper but that's a little loose, looks like clips instead.?
[snapback]124477[/snapback]

Hey Mark,

Those screws are there to secure the strip/damping lip to the bumper (these are Parts C & D in the installation pdf file). They don't actually attach to the bottom engine cover, they just hold the damping lip sort of as a cushion between the bumper and the engine cover. The screws that were meant to be used there did not come with my M-kit, and by the look of it they did not come with yours either. They are supposed to be black screws with somewhat flat heads. I have purchased these screws from the dealer, but when I first installed the M kit I just used some silver screws that I had at home and they looked really bad on my Titanium Gray. If you like the ones you got at Home Depot then stick with them, but if you want to get the original black ones your dealer should have them in stock. They are really inexpensive.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:26 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Alright -- thanks!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Guz
Members

Hello everyone!!
When I first saw the M-Tech body kit I but it immediately, even before get my 2006 530i. I will receive my car in two weeks, but now it come with The M-Tech body kit. Its look?s beautiful.

So, I have the M-Tech front and rear bumper with fogligts, and air ducts for sale. If someone are interested....

PS. I`m looking for M5 weels.
These are my specification for my new bmmmeerr.....
Premium/Sport
SMG
7 Logic
Parking Control Distance
Nav System
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, juan.m.guzman ! you'll get your car in two weeks, then why do you want to sell the parts ?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by juan.m.guzman' date='May 12 2005, 04:23 PM
Hello everyone!!
When I first saw the M-Tech body kit I but it immediately, even before get my 2006 530i. I will receive my car in two weeks, but now it come with The M-Tech body kit.? ? Its look?s beautiful.?

So, I have the M-Tech front and rear bumper with fogligts, and air ducts for sale. If someone are interested....

Premium/Sport
SMG
7 Logic
Parking Control Distance
Nav System
[snapback]127812[/snapback]
Where are you from? How did you get the M-Tech Kit with the car if you're from the US?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by juan.m.guzman' date='May 12 2005, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone!!
When I first saw the M-Tech body kit I but it immediately, even before get my 2006 530i. I will receive my car in two weeks, but now it come with The M-Tech body kit.? ? Its look?s beautiful.?

Premium/Sport
SMG
7 Logic
Parking Control Distance
Nav System
[snapback]127812[/snapback]
How much for the parts, and what color?

Quick Reply: M-Tech Aero Kit Install Info