E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M sports steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530I Titanium Silver Sport Package Premium Package Pro Logic 7 sound package 6 CD Changer SAT Radio Heads up Display Navigation PDC Adaptive head lights M sport kit and a few more add ons to come soon!

Has any one found a pic of the steering wheel yet?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Mase' date='Aug 7 2005, 09:56 AM
Has any one found a pic of the steering wheel yet?
[snapback]156787[/snapback]
Yes, I've got them all, but the freakin' forum doesn't let me upload anything.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

This is the sports steering wheel you get with the sports package and with SMG, if it's on a 545 it comes with the Ruthenium trim as shown in this pic. The diameter is smaller than on the regular steering wheel.

M sports steering wheel-post_483_1096487318.jpg
Old 08-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

This is the M tech steering wheel wich comes with the M-Tech kit:

M sports steering wheel-post_617_1096726845.jpg
Old 08-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Both above shown steering wheels are possible with SMG paddles.

Below this is the standard steering wheel, which also gets the Ruthenium trim when it's on a 545 (pic is showing a 530):

M sports steering wheel-bmw_5er_03_530i_11.jpg
Old 08-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

If you want a thicker steering wheel but you don't want to buy the wheel AND the the new airbag, you have an alternative choice: buy the heated steering wheel. It's thicker than the standard steering wheel but identical, in shape and accessories, to it. So, switch to a heated steering wheel (of course, it's not necessary to wire everything to really have it heating) and you'll get both: a sportier feeling and a cheaper solution.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

interesting point. I would have to see the heated steering wheel.
but I would rather prefer the M tech weel and get the paddles done.
Also it is a smaller diameter.

Anybody has a picture of standart heated wheel?
Old 08-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Aug 7 2005, 09:56 PM

[snapback]156882[/snapback]
The standard heated is a little thicker than normal. Also the sports steering wheel is thicker as usual if it's heated. The heated steering wheels also feel a little softer, you have a better grip. The M steering wheel has a smaller diameter as the standard steering wheel, just as the sports steering wheel. Sports and M are the smaller diameter.
I have pics of all of them, but you can't really see the difference in a pic.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

the M tech wheel is the way to go. Anyone with a good deal? Hardly since airbarg involved there is no way I would get and used part or an OEM. so only original BMW. The thing is who here has a good friends at dealers so we can get some retail price
Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Aug 7 2005, 08:56 PM

[snapback]156882[/snapback]
Me too. But, having picked up an Eccelsa version in stock by the dealer, I didn't have the option to order a full sport package. So, I miss the sport seats and the sport steering wheel I had on my previous 530d.
To stay in line with the Eccelsa equipment, I decided to give to my 535d a "luxury sedan" appareance; therefore, no sport steering wheel and no sporty options.

That doesn't mean that I'm afraid of competition: should Merv come to Italy with his 535d Sport, I'll be more than happy to show to him some very twisty italian roads where he can prove if the sport package is FASTER than the luxury Eccelsa package!

To be honest, that would be quite unfair. Being used to drive on wrong lane since they are just kids, Brits are at a disadvantage driving fast in the continent!

Quick Reply: M sports steering wheel