E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M Sport package

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
A question does the m sport pack include the active suspension or is it just stiffer springs??
Old 12-10-2005, 11:24 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by mark_ireland' post='209681' date='Dec 10 2005, 07:46 PM
Hi,
A question does the m sport pack include the active suspension or is it just stiffer springs??
M-Sport is just stiffer and lower. The sport pack in the US includes active suspension.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Hi Mark,

The Sports Pac in Ireland does not come with active suspension. You get BMW Sports suspension which are lowered springs with sports set up. This basicaly gives a much harder ride as you are lower to the ground and the car handles much better. However couped with the Run Flat Tyres this gives a ride where you feel every bump, especially in our pot hole infested roads in ireland. Its a trade off between the cars looks and comfort. Dealers in Ireland wont supply you with Non Run Flat 18" Tyres as they are too lazy to change them. Instead they will play you the Tiff Needell video which shows how much safer the run flats are when you have a blow out.

regards,

Grinche
Old 12-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets
Talking

You get m sport suspension

Check out my car
Attached Thumbnails M Sport package-mystic_blue_side2.jpg  
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Members

Now I wondering should I have ordered the sport as the roads out my way are pretty bad and the harder ride will shake the guts out of me BUT................... when i see the lovely pic above with the sport pack im soooooooooooo warm inside i cant wait to get mine
Old 12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

The M Pac is the business and it will be the only thing that will keep the value of the car stable in Ireland as the spec is always so sought after. We can live with the ride!!!What dealer are you going through?

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='210370' date='Dec 12 2005, 08:05 PM
You get m sport suspension

Check out my car

Nice colour Mrdjur!!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Members

I spec the car I wanted with a few maybe's on it and then put the vin number of the X on an email and sent it to all the bmw dealers in Ireland.
I was v happy with the quick replies....however the bigger dealers were not too interested.
I ended up doing a deal with J.Donohoe in Enniscorthy Wexford. They were spot on with prices and no messing with the SA he was 100% not the usual crap.
What part of the country are you in. I'm in rush, Dublin.

I think the 2ltr diesel will be a huge selling point for the 5er. It's better all round in this tax infested Ireland.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Good idea. I bought my first Beemer from them about 8 years ago. They were pretty good, but could never offer me a deal on subsequent ones. I am in Stepaside in South Dublin. So never actually used them for service.

Are you trading in your X5? How much are they giving you for it?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='210848' date='Dec 13 2005, 11:24 PM
Good idea. I bought my first Beemer from them about 8 years ago. They were pretty good, but could never offer me a deal on subsequent ones. I am in Stepaside in South Dublin. So never actually used them for service.

Are you trading in your X5? How much are they giving you for it?
stay with m sport pack.
the ride is conmpensated by the handling on country roads much more taut even with run flats.
good luck
Old 12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Members

MY x is 03. now when I say it's loaded it's loaded
they offered ?62500 with 45k miles on it

Quick Reply: M Sport package