E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Kit MAY be available to order in US...sort of

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I was at the parts desk at the dealer where I got my M-kit from and the parts guy told me that their car sales manager was able to order an E60 with the M-kit to be installed a BMW's VPC at Oxnard California. It was supposed to be shipped to them last Wednesday but it was still not there when I checked yesterday. I tried to find out whether this is a normal thing that all dealers can do or whether the people at the VPC are doing it for this sales manager (maybe they know him personally), but I don't have an answer yet. According to them it should arrive at the dealership anyday now and I will go to check it out myself. They are supposed to install M5 (166) wheels on it when it comes in and then display it in the showroom.

I will post all the details that I can find out from them as to how this order is processed, but meanwhile stay tuned.......I suggest that if anyone wants to order their car and have the M-kit installed at the VPC to NOT call their dealership just yet. Wait a couple of days until I can confirm that this was actually done and maybe get some details as to whether the order goes through BMW NA or directly to the VPC.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I can't think why BMW don't just export the M sport model to the US. Whats the problem?

I do think the sport kit looks great in Titanium Grey. Can't get a TG sport in the UK
Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Contributors

thanks for the heads up....please keep us advised on your findings
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Rody.

Did you ever decide on those clear headlights? I'm wondering if your plans to fix the gap in your front bumper worked or not? My gap is driving me nuts, I realy want to fix it.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='May 24 2005, 02:11 PM
Rody.

Did you ever decide on those clear headlights?? I'm wondering if your plans to fix the gap in your front bumper worked or not?? My gap is driving me nuts, I realy want to fix it.
[snapback]132791[/snapback]
I was finally able to find and win an auction for another set of headlights on eBay and just wired the money over a couple of days ago. The first set that I had won last month was "damaged in an accident" according to the seller. I think he was just surprised that I won them at such a low price (he had no reserve) and just did not want to give em to me that cheap, so he came up with the "damaged in an accident" excuse. Regardless, I won the auction on the new pair and assuming that the guy does not take my money and run the lights should get to me in the next couple of weeks. At that point I will take my bumper off, change the headlights and re-install the bumper the right way. I will let you know if it works.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 24 2005, 02:49 PM
I can't think why BMW don't just export the M sport model to the US. Whats the problem?

I do think the sport kit looks great in Titanium Grey. Can't get a TG sport in the UK
[snapback]132783[/snapback]

I'd bet they're holding out for release either with the next "tweak" in styling or perhaps with the rumored turbo models.