E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LUX H8 Angel Eyes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

The eyebrows are not monitored, so unplugging eyebrow will not cause error.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by G530
I've running for a month and havent gotten any error codes on LUX H8 v3's. Once in a while i do get a light error, it maybe b/c I disconnected the ugly amber eyebrows so they dont come on at all.

Really happy with LUX. Should have listened to GENEaTALS a while back!
glad you are happy with them
Old 08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

I had some error codes pop up with my lux last month. When I contacted Lux they were very helpful and they sent me some replacement lights once I sent them my defective ones. So far this week no error codes have shown up.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
I had some error codes pop up with my lux last month. When I contacted Lux they were very helpful and they sent me some replacement lights once I sent them my defective ones. So far this week no error codes have shown up.
What the heck. They just offered me a refund. I didn't want the refund. I just want error less lights. I've already gotten them coded out so I guess I'll just leave them.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

My MTEC V3 angel eyes have NO error messages and it is brighter than LUX
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by ketchupfreak
What the heck. They just offered me a refund. I didn't want the refund. I just want error less lights. I've already gotten them coded out so I guess I'll just leave them.
I think they did that because I typed up a 2 paragraph description of how the errors were happening when I filled out their RMA form. But since you already coded the light check out it doesnt matter what light you put in now.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
My MTEC V3 angel eyes have NO error messages and it is brighter than LUX
now that's a bold statement..does anyone have comparison pics or personal reviews to share on this? some googling I've done also turned up reviews but that was for the e9x models...wondering how these fair on lci e60's...
Old 08-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
now that's a bold statement..does anyone have comparison pics or personal reviews to share on this? some googling I've done also turned up reviews but that was for the e9x models...wondering how these fair on lci e60's...

The LUX Has been working for me and looks good. Brightness isn't really an opinion though. Luminosity.. or the measure of brightness (hey..that's also what lux is for the most part too..) can be determined in a definitive and in an unbiased manner. I think if someone wants to claim one is brighter than the other and it's not painstakingly obvious.. they should measure it.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
I think they did that because I typed up a 2 paragraph description of how the errors were happening when I filled out their RMA form. But since you already coded the light check out it doesnt matter what light you put in now.
Right but because the error code comes up and goes away within 30 seconds, my coder couldn't code out the specific error. He basically had to eliminate all lighting error codes. So now, if something really does go out, I won't know. Not exactly the best solution.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ketchupfreak
Right but because the error code comes up and goes away within 30 seconds, my coder couldn't code out the specific error. He basically had to eliminate all lighting error codes. So now, if something really does go out, I won't know. Not exactly the best solution.
exactly why i suggested requesting a replacement set rather than refund and to not code the error out...

Quick Reply: LUX H8 Angel Eyes?