E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Luis's LED Angel eye retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remember something guys, yes you can go ahead and order the right size kits as they are made for other model cars, but there's plenty involved in making it happen...I wouldn't say it takes 3 days for nothing.. there will be no mounting areas for the rings as you know it and very precise edits to headlight shrouds and internals to make them sit properly and stay put...not only that but there are electronic issues at hand that I've taken the time to figure out and individually solder the setups so they operate plug and play with no error codes. That on top of the fact that the headlights are very delicate inside and so much can go wrong. the bulk of this install involves a lot of labor due to the way they are sealed and have to be resealed in the proper way as well.

Needless to say whomever wants to go at it, your more than welcome. I just cant back it up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by ///OSS' post='883793' date='May 19 2009, 07:13 PM
remember something guys, yes you can go ahead and order the right size kits as they are made for other model cars, but there's plenty involved in making it happen...I wouldn't say it takes 3 days for nothing.. there will be no mounting areas for the rings as you know it and very precise edits to headlight shrouds and internals to make them sit properly and stay put...not only that but there are electronic issues at hand that I've taken the time to figure out and individually solder the setups so they operate plug and play with no error codes. That on top of the fact that the headlights are very delicate inside and so much can go wrong. the bulk of this install involves a lot of labor due to the way they are sealed and have to be resealed in the proper way as well.

Needless to say whomever wants to go at it, your more than welcome. I just cant back it up.
Excellent points.

the key to this isn't the product, which is indestructible and very bright (long lasting too), the key is the skill with which you can install it.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ///OSS' post='883793' date='May 19 2009, 09:13 PM

Well put Luis. I have another BMW e90 customer for a custom install scheduled soon so brace yourself
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='883845' date='May 19 2009, 07:56 PM
Excellent points.

the key to this isn't the product, which is indestructible and very bright (long lasting too), the key is the skill with which you can install it.
very tru, but if there is someone else that can do this mod with just as much skill, why not...it's good for the consumer to have more than one choice...just like how you guys are now able to provide kits for e60's....
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Members

On another note, I had a chance to take pics at night last night. But guess what! They are too bright for my point and shoot. I even fooled with the little settings I can manipulate...exposure and shutter speed, and still no luck.
I can remember taking pics of my old angel eyes and eye bros with the same camera without a problem.
This time around, it was one big glare. I'm sure with the proper camera you can capture it, because the look at night is simply menacing. It's great that you can see them at day, but at night, they are simply unreal.
I'll take pics in the day at a much alter date (going to Europe for a month), but they won't look much different than the pics of Luis's car and the pics I posted in the beginning of this thread.
KC
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Great job Luis.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

wow $700? It looks very nice tho
Old 05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='892437' date='May 27 2009, 08:20 PM
wow $700? It looks very nice tho
that's about the price for an LCI tail retrofit right (cables + tails)?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='892442' date='May 27 2009, 10:24 PM
that's about the price for an LCI tail retrofit right (cables + tails)?

Interesting correlation.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='975601' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:59 PM
Interesting correlation.
so does that mean you agree with me or just thinking out loud howi?

Quick Reply: Luis's LED Angel eye retrofit