E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Low profile tire choices

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup guys, I'm looking for your experience with low profile tire longevity and performance etc, so I've had kumho spt's its was @ 95% treadlife when I got them 35 series front and 30's in the back, I've used them for 8 months now, rears have worn out due to negative camber that didn't bother me, being in the tuning scene its to be expected. What did bother me was the amount of bubbles I saw on the inner side walls, now I've been very carefull driving around, I've hit some potholes but nothing that made me pull over to check my wheels. What bout you guys? I would appreciate your inputs about low profile tires that you've had, with this I'm never getting kumhos again. Mad bubbles on the sidewall after only 8 months cmon.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Go_Fork_Urself
Sup guys, I'm looking for your experience with low profile tire longevity and performance etc, so I've had kumho spt's its was @ 95% treadlife when I got them 35 series front and 30's in the back, I've used them for 8 months now, rears have worn out due to negative camber that didn't bother me, being in the tuning scene its to be expected. What did bother me was the amount of bubbles I saw on the inner side walls, now I've been very carefull driving around, I've hit some potholes but nothing that made me pull over to check my wheels. What bout you guys? I would appreciate your inputs about low profile tires that you've had, with this I'm never getting kumhos again. Mad bubbles on the sidewall after only 8 months cmon.
I've had experience with 3 brands so far: Generals, Continental, and Michelin.

The Michelins PS2 A/S were the best looking and performing tire but also wore out the fastest. They were also the most expensive.
The General UHP were the worst looking sidewall but lasted the longest. They were also the least expensive.
The Continental DWS looked good from a sidewall perspective, didn't like the tread design, and also had pretty bad handling over the Generals which were cheaper.

Overall if you have the money get the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season. They look good, have amazing grip, strong sidewall for hard turning, etc.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Did have good experience with Pirelli Pzero on my Boxster awhile back, very quiet and tread wear was reasonable.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I've had experience with 3 brands so far: Generals, Continental, and Michelin.

The Michelins PS2 A/S were the best looking and performing tire but also wore out the fastest. They were also the most expensive.
The General UHP were the worst looking sidewall but lasted the longest. They were also the least expensive.
The Continental DWS looked good from a sidewall perspective, didn't like the tread design, and also had pretty bad handling over the Generals which were cheaper.

Overall if you have the money get the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season. They look good, have amazing grip, strong sidewall for hard turning, etc.
Sorry to dig this thread again. I am looking to get A/S and leaning towards the Pilot Sport A/S. Can anyone tell me how they handle in the snow? I know the DWS are a bit better in the snow but I am hoping that the Pilot Sports are somewhat similar.