E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking for a rear spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

If you are taking the aftermarket spoiler it won't fit flush, That's the problem you get with this stuff. Or rather a trade off from cost savings. I am sure if your purchase the original manufacturers part, I believe ACS it would fit much better. I have the same replica spoiler and the tip seem to be raised a little, but I can live with this. The M5 spoiler replica fits pretty nice though. I am guessing it all due to geometry of the design and tooling. I found the best way to get best figment is to dry fit it and pay close attention to how it's sitting. I added blue painters tape to the trunk lid and spoiler and made alignment marks. The 3m tape is very strong and you really have one chance to set it, otherwise, you have to start all over.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by tonyb635
If you are taking the aftermarket spoiler it won't fit flush, That's the problem you get with this stuff. Or rather a trade off from cost savings. I am sure if your purchase the original manufacturers part, I believe ACS it would fit much better. I have the same replica spoiler and the tip seem to be raised a little, but I can live with this. The M5 spoiler replica fits pretty nice though. I am guessing it all due to geometry of the design and tooling. I found the best way to get best figment is to dry fit it and pay close attention to how it's sitting. I added blue painters tape to the trunk lid and spoiler and made alignment marks. The 3m tape is very strong and you really have one chance to set it, otherwise, you have to start all over.

I can agree the authentic ACS spoiler may fit perfectly, but I'd have serious concerns about the sanity and/or intelligence of anyone willing to pay the $925 (not kidding) the authentic one costs.
Correction: They are down to a cheap $539 now, what a bargain!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
I can agree the authentic ACS spoiler may fit perfectly, but I'd have serious concerns about the sanity and/or intelligence of anyone willing to pay the $925 (not kidding) the authentic one costs.

Agree... no way im paying a grand for a spoiler. My $92 ebay spoiler looks great and fits right. Paint match was excellent.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz
Agree... no way im paying a grand for a spoiler. My $92 ebay spoiler looks great and fits right. Paint match was excellent.
If my car was a true track car and the best spoiler (because aerodynamics is key on the track) meant the difference, yes, a grand for a spoiler makes sense, but these friggin things are not even really functional.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530isport packagepremium packageactive steeringxenon hids20mm H&R spacers in the rear6 spd51kpurchase price , 32k back in 2006
Model Year: 2004 530i

not functional at all , that is for sure ahahaha...

Well I put mine on this afternoon. I don't know if killing a 12 pack before hand was the smartest thing but I had a friend help me out to line it up. Over all I am happy with it , the left side tip has a 3mm wider gap compared to the passenger side. I could have also lined up the double sided tape a little lower from the edge of the lip so it would not be as noticeable , I used a credit card to push the excess exposed tape downward.. I can't complain for a 40 dollar spoiler so **** it , worse case scenario I can always do it over.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530isport packagepremium packageactive steeringxenon hids20mm H&R spacers in the rear6 spd51kpurchase price , 32k back in 2006
Model Year: 2004 530i

not functional at all , that is for sure ahahaha...

Well I put mine on this afternoon. I don't know if killing a 12 pack before hand was the smartest thing but I had a friend help me out to line it up. Over all I am happy with it , the left side tip has a 3mm wider gap compared to the passenger side. I could have also lined up the double sided tape a little lower from the edge of the lip so it would not be as noticeable , I used a credit card to push the excess exposed tape downward.. I can't complain for a 40 dollar spoiler so fuck it , worse case scenario I can always do it over.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Members

looks good man... i like that carbon fiber look. I almost went for something in that finish but I think it looks better on darker cars.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Members

Looking for a rear spoiler?-006.jpgPut mine on today as well. Can't beat it for this price!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a rear spoiler?-010.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Members

Looking for a rear spoiler?-012.jpgLooking for a rear spoiler?-004v2.jpgLooking for a rear spoiler?-001.jpgCouple more pics:
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz
Yours looks great! Can you post the link to where you got your spoiler? Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for a rear spoiler?