E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking to change my springs again

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I recently installed an Eibach prokit springs and Bilstein Sports struts and shocks. Front end dropped about 1.4 inch but the rear end only dropped 0.5 inch. I just want to close the gap between the fender and wheel but not slammed it. Currenlty contemplating on changing the eibach front springs to an OEM sports package springs. Here is now my delemna, I called Gari from Newport and he said he need to have the last 7 digit of the VIN. Since I don't have a sports package I can't use my VIN. He said I need to get a VIN # of a car close to the equipments I have with a Sport package. So he can order the right springs. I need help for someone with atleast close to the equipment I have to volunteer the last 7 digit of their VIN. Need help badly
Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Contributors

pm sent
Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by EV4530' post='874622' date='May 10 2009, 10:36 PM
pm sent
Appreciate it, Thanks
AL
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Got a question, for sports suspension, is it as easy as changing springs? Or do you have to change shocks too? I'm on stock non sport now.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='874640' date='May 10 2009, 10:57 PM
Got a question, for sports suspension, is it as easy as changing springs? Or do you have to change shocks too? I'm on stock non sport now.
You can just change the springs to have the lowered look. If you use your stock shocks, make sure you cut the bump stops to make way for shock travel. Base on the research I did, the OEM non sport shocks will wear out sooner because it is not designed for shorter suspension travel rate. This is the reason I decided to go with Bilstein Sport shocks and strut.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Contributors

the oem sport springs will not drop the car the way you are looking for

even with bigger wheels there will still be a rear fender gap, the fronts will be goo though

you have to get coils if you want to eliminate fender gap
Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='875023' date='May 11 2009, 11:03 AM
the oem sport springs will not drop the car the way you are looking for

even with bigger wheels there will still be a rear fender gap, the fronts will be goo though

you have to get coils if you want to eliminate fender gap
Exactly what I want to do. Raise the front end from its current state(eibach prokit springs) to an OEM sport suspension springs. I will keep the rear eibach springs> Hopefully I will have the effect I need.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by al_ongvano' post='875039' date='May 11 2009, 09:20 AM
Exactly what I want to do. Raise the front end from its current state(eibach prokit springs) to an OEM sport suspension springs. I will keep the rear eibach springs> Hopefully I will have the effect I need.

but you will two different spring rates in the front and rear if you do that then

buy some ground control springs and you can adjust the ride height and have the same spring rates all around
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

My car is now in for a Eibach Pro Kit spring modification.

My car had, and will have, the standard springs.

They say that the car will be about 30 mm lower!?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='875208' date='May 11 2009, 09:51 PM
My car is now in for a Eibach Pro Kit spring modification.

My car had, and will have, the standard springs.

They say that the car will be about 30 mm lower!?
What are you saying Ric? You will have the standard springs??? Do you mean shocks?

Quick Reply: Looking to change my springs again