E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Logic 7 outside rattles

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Searched for 20 minutes and could not find any references to what is bothering me. Hasn't anyone turned up their logic 7 system that has the subs under the seats and went outside their car. It sounds like two 4.5 speakers in a 87 corolla. I'm not a bass head show off but every time I come to a light I have to turn the music all the way down becasue certain frequencies rattle the under carriage of the car making it sound like the old days when bassers would drive by and not realize the ridiculous rattles comming from their licesnse plates. Nothing screams ghetto to me more. Trust me if you have the newer subs under the seat, turn it all the way up close your windows then step outside of the car and listen for a few minutes, then put your head down under the car and you'll hear why it sounds like a kragen system. Having it put up on jacks to see if there is anything that can be done on monday.

Any help, please tell me somebody else realizes there $50k car sounds like your trying to sport some 4.5 inch spaekers at full blast and their rattling to all hell. I'm talking about even mid volume from outside. Totally ghetto.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

Does it happen with the windows cracked?
Also, have you checked your license plate to see that the pads are installed behind it?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Members

Still can't believe no-one has noticed this, had a shop put the car up on jacks and it is the plastic housing underneath the car where the drivers under the seats fire down into. Can't really get to the rattles, it is terrible. Please somebody with subs under their seats turn it all the way up close your windows and doors and step outside the car and listen. I'm telling you it sounds like an 86' corrola with 4" drivers at full blast.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by WebDefy' post='450802' date='Jul 22 2007, 12:06 AM
Searched for 20 minutes and could not find any references to what is bothering me. Hasn't anyone turned up their logic 7 system that has the subs under the seats and went outside their car. It sounds like two 4.5 speakers in a 87 corolla. I'm not a bass head show off but every time I come to a light I have to turn the music all the way down becasue certain frequencies rattle the under carriage of the car making it sound like the old days when bassers would drive by and not realize the ridiculous rattles comming from their licesnse plates. Nothing screams ghetto to me more. Trust me if you have the newer subs under the seat, turn it all the way up close your windows then step outside of the car and listen for a few minutes, then put your head down under the car and you'll hear why it sounds like a kragen system. Having it put up on jacks to see if there is anything that can be done on monday.

Any help, please tell me somebody else realizes there $50k car sounds like your trying to sport some 4.5 inch spaekers at full blast and their rattling to all hell. I'm talking about even mid volume from outside. Totally ghetto.
I hear the same rattling noise on my car too. You can only hear it from the outside and not the inside. For some reason, the rattling is louder on the front passenger side than the front driver's side. This is an annoyance that I will definetly mention to the dealer next time I bring it in. But your right in a sense that it is embarrassing for a e60!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by WebDefy' post='450802' date='Jul 22 2007, 01:06 AM
...It sounds like two 4.5 speakers in a 87 corolla...
...I'm telling you it sounds like an 86' corrola with 4" drivers...
'87...? '86...?
4.5"...? 4"...?

Unless you are specific and consistent with the model year and speaker size, we aren't going to be able to help.

Seriously though...I had Logic 7 on my last E60 (pre LCI), and it sounded good inside and out. No rattles. Even when turned up _loud_. I don't have Logic 7 on my current E60, but I have the individual audio system specced up on my new E60 which is due in October. I hope it doesn't suffer from "ghetto sound" externally !!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have Logic 7, and have heard it from the outside.

It sounds terrible. It's like you are trying to act like you've got some ghetto bass going on, but you don't. So it's even worse. It's like you're a ghetto bass poser.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='458598' date='Aug 14 2007, 08:46 AM
It sounds terrible. It's like you are trying to act like you've got some ghetto bass going on, but you don't. So it's even worse. It's like you're a ghetto bass poser.
Oh no..., that's why I get the what's up nods from the thugs and the scary look from the rest! So has anybody been to the dealer to rectify this issue?? Or did they say it's normal.... :thumbsdown:
Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

This is nothing the dealer will do anything about. It is simply an example of poor sound dampening. It is a design problem, and short of going to a pro stereo shop and having dynamat installed everywhere... you'll never fix it.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='458598' date='Aug 14 2007, 08:46 AM
I have Logic 7, and have heard it from the outside.

This was the funniest thing I heard all week!

I get the same thing. I think that it is the little door speakers that rattle off the inside components. Windows up and down the bass next to the car sounds like SH!T
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

I've experienced the same issue with the bass rattling only being audible from the outside. I agree with subterFUSE that the dealers won't fix it and it is a design issue with BMW. If you come across a simple fix, please share!