E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Light Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bre Ced

Very nice car, Im also in HK. Mine is only a 520 with 16" stock wheels. How much is the Breyton aeros and wheels ?

Have u experieced any problems with your E60? My seatbelt tensioner/restraint faulty keeps popping up despite one software reprogram and one supposedly "module" replacement....

Bunbun.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Bre Ced

What did you pay for the front spoiler?
Ware did you get it?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I got a brain freeze where is HK?, that car looks awsome the lights and front lip spoiler is just what the car needs to set off the front end changes the front so it does not look like its nose is turned up also looks like you have changed the whole light housing to all white for the side makers i got to get that lip it is not overkill like the AC one keep it up guy looks good
Old 04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Members

Recently i have changed the side pannel light to clear white.
Haven't got any photo yet, will post once ready!

For the front lip, yes it is from Breyton. My price should be more expensive compare to people in US. I need to pay all those shipping and handleding cost!!

Bunbun, lucky I have no problems on the E60 yet. My concern is the first oil change from factory is schedule at 10000km.?? Which i think is way too long...
Attached Thumbnails Light Bulb-bmw_555.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Members

Nice looking car.
HK is Hong Kong.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

Hi Bre Ced

Oh, so you bought your parts from the US and have them shipped to HK? Who'd u bring your car to for final assembly? BMW dealer? I know Brian at the W.C. service centre rather well, he's a service rep there. My E38 (730i) was breaking down and maintenance was costing me a fortune. He recommended the 520.

I think 6 gears are just a bit too much for my 520, maybe best for bigger engines. It gets busy shifting up and down between 5th and 6th sometimes. I mostly leave it on "DS" rather than "D" to avoid this.

Hope too see your car around town,should be easy to spot

Bunbun.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
JWO
Members

Bre Ced,

Can you tell me if the front spoiler from Breyton is capable of installing fog lights? From your pictures, it looks like there are two inserts on each side for fog lights
Old 04-27-2004, 06:24 AM
Members

I am sorry to be printing of only a photograph from Breyton.
Attached Thumbnails Light Bulb-breyton.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Members

1. Yes I think you can install an fog light into the breyton front spoiler. Some how you have to make your own bracket to hold the fog light. Right now my car is not lower yet, some high slope parking lot, the front spoiler will hit the ground
I recommand not to install the fog light on to the front spoiler.

Now I am struggling if I should lower my car or not.

2. I didn't go back to BMW dealer for the paint job and assembly. Even i send to them, they will just send out to another shop, but charge you alot higher!!

Attached another photo for comparison. <Light>
Attached Thumbnails Light Bulb-clk_bmw1.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

Hello Bre Ced

I want to get your Philips bulb too for the main headlights. Just to be sure, those aren't xenon lights on your BMW but just normal headlights? How much in HK$ do the Philips bulbs costs?

I also think one day I'll change my engine and transmission chips, exhausts, wheels and add aeros, (u think AC Schnitzer is as good?) but maybe after warranty expires. I would hate to have done all that and have those bastards at the service centre tell me I've voided my car's warranty...hehe.

Nice Mercedes

Bunbun
(Orient Blue 520)

Quick Reply: Light Bulb