E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Let me take some time to reflect

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2005

I think the signature may be shorter if you listed what's NOT on/in the cars!
It took me longer to read your signature than Vlad's sprint booster action thriller.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='931219' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:16 PM

Now that is hilarious!!!! Love it!!!!

There is...it's called PMing, which is what a lot of newbies kept doing and I kept getting tired of responding with what I had on my car. Therefore, the old signature is back baby! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiya!!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='931442' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks Scott.
As for the torque curve, ponder this: torque curve's shape is partly dependent on the amount of throttle opening. I can actually feel that with the SB throttle definitely opens differently than stock. It is conceivable that in lower rpm ranges there's an increase in power and torque delivery because the engine burns more fuel, hence accelerates the rpms faster. But that said, I myself am skeptical about this hypothesis - in all probability, it is the same exact curve, you just access the higher range of it waaaaaaaaaaaaay quicke with a SB. Particularly in the 6 cyl.

I don't do ad copies for free. I did, however, write this for all to know, bc I don't remember anyone having an extensive write-up on this mod, all the while it is probably one of the - if not the most popular mod on this forum.

Cliffnotes:

Sprintbooster is awesome.
Think it might improve the torque and HP curves slightly, but not sure.
Get the sprintbooster.
It is fvcking awesome.

I just have upgraded to a 535 hahaha well, at least in the lower RPMs. The damned thing keeps chirping tires now even with Xi and DCS fully engaged!
Now, if I can only put some money into upgrading a few other things - like higher-rpm range power, brakes and maybe a clutch when it finally wears out, I'll be eating 535s for breakfast... well, most of them anyway, cuz - at least around where I reside - most 5s aren't driven by the kind of people that would be able to even keep up with me. Remember, I learned to drive on underpowered cars with sharp handling - Civic del Sol, '00 Celica GTS - to name a couple - all slow cars unless you know how to milk them properly. I used to dust my friend's supercharged Lumina (we're talking way back in the day, obviously) in my completely stock del Sol WITH an automatic tranny! Come to think of it, maybe I'll buy a stock S2000 as a second car one of these days - my brother in law has one from the original production run with like 8k miles on it - the car looks like its brand new... they make a sprintbooster for that?
Vlad, you'll have your chance to see how your SB 530 does against the 535s at the July 25th meet.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='931070' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:40 PM
Can you post the Cliff Notes version? I can't read for that long of a period.
C, it seems that there is more than one essayist on E60.net.

Speaking of essays, you've got a huge list of performance/power mods on your M5. Have you ever dynoed it?