E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LED Headlight Turn Signals installed and Side Markers installed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Phi, if it's not too much trouble, can you take a picture of your said set up?

Btw, I used your stickers on my amber "removal" install today. Unfortunately, I am not as patient as Mike, and didn't do a as clean as a job, but it still looks great. I do think that maybe a specific sticker that goes right on the amber should be designed, lol. Obviously, these are for the outside, and they are considerably larger. I probably should have planned it out better and cut it like Mike. Oh well, that are still good to me =)
Simon, I can't take any pics until this weekend. Too busy with studies for work. If you want, I can draw how it looks exactly and email it to you.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Can you help me find that link for the DIY?
Found my small DIY a while ago.. Took a bit to find. LOL

http://forums.5serie...__1#entry488865

Hope this helps.

Dont forget, this is for a different bulb, but its the same theory / setup. I have since sold those headlights and used a different bulb. a 60 SMD wedge bulb. Its so freaking bright. I love it.

Wow, this post was in November of 2007.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 530xi Space Grey / Dark Grey Sport pkg, Sun screens, Navi, 30% tint, HID Fogs, RDash license plate lights, LED Reverse lights, 6000k AE's, 20s Glossy black 128 wheels

Originally Posted by AKAlius
Forgot to mention. They are really,really bright!

Really bright!! But they are nice man.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Simon, I can't take any pics until this weekend. Too busy with studies for work. If you want, I can draw how it looks exactly and email it to you.
Phi, if I am understanding you correctly, you didn't make holes into the wedge itself (like how Mike had set his up)? I guess if you could whip up a quick drawing that would be great. Just shoot it over to my email =)
Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Phi, if I am understanding you correctly, you didn't make holes into the wedge itself (like how Mike had set his up)? I guess if you could whip up a quick drawing that would be great. Just shoot it over to my email =)
Just make the hole man! its easier to wedge the socket in. I believe Phi put the wires on the side.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Lol, I guess if it really comes down to it. I thought if I can butcher my headlight any less, I would, lol.

Btw, a very commendable job no your sticker to the amber. Mine did not turn out perfect like you did, probably because I didn't spend as much time to think it through, hahaha. I will post pics probably later today.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Here's a quick sketch. Please excuse my doctor handwriting. LOL.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Installing resistor.pdf (15.7 KB, 133 views)
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Lol, I guess if it really comes down to it. I thought if I can butcher my headlight any less, I would, lol.

Btw, a very commendable job no your sticker to the amber. Mine did not turn out perfect like you did, probably because I didn't spend as much time to think it through, hahaha. I will post pics probably later today.
Yea, getting rid of that amber was mucho important to me. Did you spray paint the Amber portion first? That's what I did to ensure no amberness anymore. lol.

Here's a quick sketch. Please excuse my doctor handwriting. LOL.
That's actually a nice drawing! good stuff.

I used some 14 Gauge wire to hold the resistor in place and make sure it doesn't melt anything. I actually did that with all my other resistors too.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Contributors

Oh wow, I agree, it's a great drawing!

Thanks a lot Phi!

Mike: yah, I did, but looking forward, if I were to do it again, I would do it differently. Part of the problem is get the spray to be evenly. Now, what I would do going forward, I would probably painters tape the outside first, spray the rest of the piece, and then apply the sticker. I think the fact that I didn't spray it evenly caused me to have some issues applying the tape. Oh well, can't really be seen unless you are right up against it, haha.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Oh wow, I agree, it's a great drawing!

Thanks a lot Phi!

Mike: yah, I did, but looking forward, if I were to do it again, I would do it differently. Part of the problem is get the spray to be evenly. Now, what I would do going forward, I would probably painters tape the outside first, spray the rest of the piece, and then apply the sticker. I think the fact that I didn't spray it evenly caused me to have some issues applying the tape. Oh well, can't really be seen unless you are right up against it, haha.
Painters tape?!? I spray the whole thing. Did two coats. I did the inside first, and then the outside. let it dry and then did another coat. LOL. Sprayed the whole sucka.

Quick Reply: LED Headlight Turn Signals installed and Side Markers installed.