E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI TAILIGHT RETROFIT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='794570' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:18 PM
i hear him stating he's using "gates." Not too sure what he meant but he says v5.1 has the LED rods a tad brighter
it's something with the internals of the cable box. But yes if you ask bruce about the V5.1 then maybe he can better tell you what he did.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this mod.....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

good job man!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='794558' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:00 AM
humm I think I got the v.5 he didn't mention the 5.1
You got the V5.1 as well. All kits shipped out in the last two weeks have been the new .1 versions i.e. v4.1 (that brabusw209amg bought) and v5.1

There is not a single part, except the cable itself, that is the same between the older v5 and the new v5.1. There is nothing wrong with the v5s too except that time and technology needs to march on...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i cant wait to put mine back on. Well, it didnt look too awkward. Car's at the dealers for a while. So the loaner I drove have LCI tails and didnt look much of a difference
Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='794709' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:35 AM
You got the V5.1 as well. All kits shipped out in the last two weeks have been the new .1 versions i.e. v4.1 (that brabusw209amg bought) and v5.1

There is not a single part, except the cable itself, that is the same between the older v5 and the new v5.1. There is nothing wrong with the v5s too except that time and technology needs to march on...
What's the difference with the 4.1/5.1 and the 4.0/5.0? more efficient?

How much is it btw?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The .0 versions or rather all versions produced before the .1s had mechanical relays, used to switch the bulbs on and off. Being mechanical they had moving parts which could fail over time. Mechanical parts also have a longer delay between on and off state and that could cause an issue if say the car was carrying out its error checking routine at preciously the same microsecond as the relay is in motion. Solid state components have a much faster response time. The result is the new kits are smaller and lighter. There are other minor changes that I've added to make the LEDs brighter but over-all the changes were not enough to give them new version numbers and hence I simply added a .1 the V5 and V4 (which are now well knows as that).

Note : I'm not saying relays are bad - BMW uses relays all over the car, and I have always used the best quality components available anyway.

The problem is that the new .1 versions do not share a single part with the .0 and so I cannot provide an upgrade price like I've done in the past. There are just no parts to reuse anymore.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='794859' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:20 PM
The .0 versions or rather all versions produced before the .1s had mechanical relays, used to switch the bulbs on and off. Being mechanical they had moving parts which could fail over time. Mechanical parts also have a longer delay between on and off state and that could cause an issue if say the car was carrying out its error checking routine at preciously the same microsecond as the relay is in motion. Solid state components have a much faster response time. The result is the new kits are smaller and lighter. There are other minor changes that I've added to make the LEDs brighter but over-all the changes were not enough to give them new version numbers and hence I simply added a .1 the V5 and V4 (which are now well knows as that).

Note : I'm not saying relays are bad - BMW uses relays all over the car, and I have always used the best quality components available anyway.

The problem is that the new .1 versions do not share a single part with the .0 and so I cannot provide an upgrade price like I've done in the past. There are just no parts to reuse anymore.
woow good to know Bruce, thanks for the cables they are great. if I wouldnt know I would thikn that they are OEM cables all the plugs have BMW logo very professional job, my tailights are working great, the little box gets a little warm I gues thats ok right?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='794859' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:20 PM

bruce, you are the man! I got mine installed also.. thanks alot!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Members

Congratulation
absolutely gives your car modern and sporty look

Big thanks to bruce for this cables , he is Genius

Quick Reply: LCI TAILIGHT RETROFIT