5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/lci-retrofit-facelift-lights-46834/)

tarlai 02-20-2012 04:47 PM

Anyone on the above request please?

thomassteen 02-21-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarlai (Post 1421143)
Anyone on the above request please?

I don't know for sure, but I would asume so. Here is why: I just went through the process of going from pre-LCI AHL Xenons to LCI AHL Xenons. My car is from 2003 when there was a separate module to control the AHL (the LM is not doing it). When I upgraded from LM1 to LM2 as part of the conversion I would get AHL errors in the IDrive screen. These errors came from the LM2. I then added the +MUEB to my VO and coded the LM2 module, and then the IDrive errors went away. This tells me that the LM2 can be coded to make the AHL function inactive - in my case because there is another module that takes care of it. I think in your case if your VO does not include the AHL option, those functions would simply be made inactive in the coding process.

Give it a try :thumbsup:

tarlai 02-22-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by thomassteen (Post 1421392)
I don't know for sure, but I would asume so. Here is why: I just went through the process of going from pre-LCI AHL Xenons to LCI AHL Xenons. My car is from 2003 when there was a separate module to control the AHL (the LM is not doing it). When I upgraded from LM1 to LM2 as part of the conversion I would get AHL errors in the IDrive screen. These errors came from the LM2. I then added the +MUEB to my VO and coded the LM2 module, and then the IDrive errors went away. This tells me that the LM2 can be coded to make the AHL function inactive - in my case because there is another module that takes care of it. I think in your case if your VO does not include the AHL option, those functions would simply be made inactive in the coding process.

Give it a try :thumbsup:

Many thanks thomassteen ...

larry_bml 03-04-2012 11:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello guys, I really need your help!
I helped my brother to do his PRE-LCI to LCI retrofit on his E60 built in 2004 but I'm stuck on one error "Corner lights error" and when this appear the AHL stops to work.

Here what I've done :

I have LCI headlights fully equipped and LM2 module!
This is what I've done :
1. Mounted the new headlights;
2. Rewired the wires like LCI UPDATE pdf;
3. Changed the LM with LM2 module;
4. Add the pins for : PT can high/low, the wires for LIN and Voltage for new AHL modules, and 3 wires for level sensor!
5. Removed old AHL module and connected the wires from point 4. to the the corresponding wires from the old AHL socket;
6. Added +MUEB into the VO and recode the LM2 with NCS EXPERT.

Now the result is like this :

Everything is almost working : the DRL's are ok, full power with switch on 0 and dipped power when lights switch in other position, the low beam is OK, the high beam also, even the adaptive is working until the corner lights are coming ON, when the corner lights are coming on an error is coming up on the iDrive and the adaptive is not working any more!

The error is "Corner lights error" , WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG ?

Please help me!

P.S. Added the FA and the LMA files from NCS EXPERT, maybe someone can help me!

bmWay 08-28-2012 06:40 AM

Hello Mate,

Going through the retrofit now, quite a job, but i know that once done, will really appreciate the change.
Could you please help with the part# for the light module for front lights, the one on your picture box, isn't working.
My car is 2004/08 and as far i understood from this thread i only need light module for front right?

thanks a lot.

bmWay 09-05-2012 02:49 AM

Goede Mddag!

Could you please help me out with finding the right LIGHT MODULE for my car? Year of make is 2004/08, alrady purchased all the rest just this remains undone. I read this thread and see some people not getting 100% correct one from the first time, so a bit couscous.

Bedankt, en hoor graag van u!

Originally Posted by andy545 (Post 491743)
Fred, it's written on the plastic bag in the first pic.

Wilbrun 09-06-2012 12:12 AM

In my opinion the optimal balance between cost and installation ease when doing a xenon to xenon or adaptive xenon to adaptive xenon facelift on a car manufactured before 09/2006 is obtained when proceeding as bellow. There is no need to do any custom wiring or removal regarding the separate AHL module found in cars built before 03/2005!

1. Buy a pair of used LCI headlights complete with all the parts involved (especially the modules controlling the adaptive function if that feature is involved).

2. Buy a pair of used LCI tail lights.

3. Buy a new LM2 light module (current part number for xenons is 61359203082).

4. Buy BMWs own facelift wiring harness which includes installation instructions (part number is 61120432110 for E60 and 61120432397 for E61).

5. Get familiar with the NCS Expert software and upgrade the data files to fresh ones.

6. Make the changes and install the new parts exactly as described in the installation instructions (in various forums there have been reports that you have to switch two cables in the E60 rear lights harness for it to work properly).

7. Finally, coding the new light module with NCS:
- First add the row +MUEB to the equipment list in the CAS module
- Copy the equipment list from the CAS module to the new LM2 module
- Code the LM2 module to default settings

8. 5-10 hours well spent and you?re done! :dance:

bmWay 09-06-2012 05:49 AM

Thanks! I have Xenon 2 Xenon (LCI) job to do
Got the LM2 part# from you, so will start searching where to buy.

Alora :)

Originally Posted by Wilbrun (Post 1467430)
In my opinion the optimal balance between cost and installation ease when doing a xenon to xenon or adaptive xenon to adaptive xenon facelift on a car manufactured before 09/2006 is obtained when proceeding as bellow. There is no need to do any custom wiring or removal regarding the separate AHL module found in cars built before 03/2005!

1. Buy a pair of used LCI headlights complete with all the parts involved (especially the modules controlling the adaptive function if that feature is involved).

2. Buy a pair of used LCI tail lights.

3. Buy a new LM2 light module (current part number for xenons is 61359203082).

4. Buy BMWs own facelift wiring harness which includes installation instructions (part number is 61120432110 for E60 and 61120432397 for E61).

5. Get familiar with the NCS Expert software and upgrade the data files to fresh ones.

6. Make the changes and install the new parts exactly as described in the installation instructions (in various forums there have been reports that you have to switch two cables in the E60 rear lights harness for it to work properly).

7. Finally, coding the new light module with NCS:
- First add the row +MUEB to the equipment list in the CAS module
- Copy the equipment list from the CAS module to the new LM2 module
- Code the LM2 module to default settings

8. 5-10 hours well spent and you?re done! :dance:

Wilbrun 09-06-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by bmWay (Post 1467457)
Thanks! I have Xenon 2 Xenon (LCI) job to do
Got the LM2 part# from you, so will start searching where to buy.

Alora :)

This is one great OEM source for us Europeans: genuine parts GmbH

zino 09-21-2012 03:37 PM

I happily can confirm that you dont have to rewire the wires from the AHL control box to the LM2 when doing this retrofit on a pre 2005 car. I drive a 2003/09 E60 and have done the pre lci xenon ahl to lci xenon ahl retrofit and all went well by sticking to the LCI Update PDF (2nd version) manual. Everything worked, except my adaptive's and cornering lights did not funktion and i ended up with the green blinking light on the light switch. My LM2 kept spitting error message's that it did not receive the signals from the both height sensors and PT Can and SMC's
Very dissapointed with that because i fitted 2 new AHL headlights, 2 new uncoded SMC modules wich end on 312 partnumer, new LM2 module, official retrofit wiring loom and lci tails wich previously have been fitted with the bruce_miranda cables wich i toke out because the bmw wiring loom connects the tails now.
I want to thank BenAnd and Thomassteen who are also active in this topic, convincing me that the wires from the AHL didnt need to be swapped over for our first generation cars from 2003 to 2005. I struggled for two weeks, coding and checking everything and everytime i could not fix this problem. They gave me lots of tip and advice in MANNY MANNY emails that were flying over in between those weeks, sending wiring diagrams and repinn information in case if i would make the choice te reroute the wires. You really took the time for me guys and you are very very skilled!!

My sollution was maybe because of a mis configuration of some modules in my car. The LM2 and the AHL control box did not show a vin number in inpa in the user information field screen (enter funktional jobs, then hit F3) where you can see all your modules and the ZUSB number and the VIN number of the module, it showed YYYYYYY as vin number. I have coded the vin number a numberous amount of times with NCS and also with tool32 on those modules. The weird thing was that tool32 actually showed my vin number when reading out those modules, but inpa did not show it on those two. So i finally figured out how to operate winkfp and programmed the latest available software in it by using the V45 daten, also put in the full 17 digit vin number in winkfp before starting the programming proces with winkfp.after that was done i cleared all faults with inpa, after that i loaded the modules to factory default by using NCS and suddenly my blinking green light was gone and my headlights turn when i turn the wheel. such a relief when living in the garage for almost two weeks and after numberous of coding attemps and people on other boards claiming that its impossible without rewiring the wires from the AHL control unit behind the glovebox to the LM2. Thanks again for your support Thomas and Benno, now its time to wash everything up and start enjoying this great retrofit.

So take note that the VIN is CORRECTLY coded into the modules, and update the modules. I stil dont know wich of these two actions did the trick but i know this has to be done to get this right.

BenAnd 09-24-2012 10:27 PM

Hi Zino

Thanks for the nice words :thumbsup: , allways glad when it suceeds for someone to make the retrofit they "burn" for :twoup: , espcily nice when one afterwards apriciate the help from forum "collegs" :) .

A forum like this is here so that we can help each other , but also we must remember not to take everything for granted ,and the forum is not better than the people on it , also have understandig for it can take some time to get an answer , this due to all of us ( I gess ) is here for fun and use our free-time here ( time out from wife and family :-) ), and not constantly "online".

Nice day to all :hug:

Kind Regards
BenAnd/Denmark

ivih 12-23-2012 04:35 PM

Hi all,
thanks for so many good hints. Saved me headache :) I'm going to replace pre-LCI adaptive bi-xenon on 10/2005, but only front headlights. I will have to replace light module (due to 10/2005) and I'm not sure if it will work with pre-LCI tail lights. Respectively - how to get it work There will be error for missing led lights? Will there be anything else?

Hope I didn't miss it in this thread.

Thanks!

1Animal1 01-29-2013 05:38 AM

Absolutely brilliant thread, thanks to all involved for lots of advice...currently pricing up this install with a view to attempting - think I'm going to get NCS sorted first before attempting as this will obviously bring the costs down - second thing will be a second form of transport incase I'm stuck with a light'less' car :D

BallyM5 07-10-2013 11:51 AM

hi guys i have a question i have a 2003 e60 with reflector headlights i brought a pair of dynamic lci xenons
i want to fit these to my car

i have already added a Lm2 Ahl module before which is powering the rear lci lights currently

i want to get the front headlight fitted to my car can i fit these without having the dynamic function working as i can see if i want it to work i need to swap the ballasts according to my understanding of others

is it possible to do this?

im not too fussed about the dynamic function

also regarding the xenon height level can this be controlled from the inside of the car with the switch or can the height be set and locked with coding

doogie525d 08-12-2013 10:01 AM

Help someone please

Hi guys i have a 2005 525D M SPORT i have the standard halogen headlights and i want the pre LCI non xenon lights from a 2007 i was told its not to difficult and to buy the retrofit kit from bmw for BI XENONS but this lead still works? maybe slight mods? any ideas please guys help as ive just bought the lights so no turning back

zino 08-13-2013 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by doogie525d (Post 1515953)
Hi guys i have a 2005 525D M SPORT i have the standard halogen headlights and i want the pre LCI non xenon lights from a 2007 i was told its not to difficult and to buy the retrofit kit from bmw for BI XENONS but this lead still works? maybe slight mods? any ideas please guys help as ive just bought the lights so no turning back

You can read the thread and find all your answers

doogie525d 08-13-2013 01:38 PM

seems to be all different answers. best i got so far is a loom you get off bmw and a wiring diagram and make it yourself. well dont no about anyone else but i am not that clever lol. but all i want is someone to make me 2 looms for my headlights and will pay them.

intertuning 06-03-2014 02:04 PM

hi i have a question. I have e60 Year 2006

I have converted OEM halogen to xenon OEM. no lci

I Lm1 light module.
Xenon lamps fire properly. angel eyes only about 40 to 50 seconds falls

which umpinnen in 2inns LM?

Pearl2 06-05-2014 05:21 PM

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the passenger pre lci to lci halogen. I completed the driver side and all lights are working but the wire colors on the pass side are different. The instructions I found here says left side.

emademad 06-19-2014 04:39 AM

Looks nice. Is there a manual for the E70 Series ?
I would like to know how to be able to fix it.

J1boxer29 11-27-2018 05:10 AM

Lci retrokit

Originally Posted by RootKit (Post 490752)
Yes, new light module if your car is older than 09/06. In addition to that, programming.

does anyone have pics of the lci plug made for the 07 530xi Manufactured of 06 need some help on doing my Conversion

tnycman 11-28-2018 05:52 AM

I don't have any pictures, but can tell you its a pain in the ass to get the coding done correctly.. I did my conversation years back, loved the lights Euro Style LCI's but never got them 100% working..
Sorry can't be any help- GL

Originally Posted by J1boxer29 (Post 1597722)
does anyone have pics of the lci plug made for the 07 530xi Manufactured of 06 need some help on doing my Conversion

zerocool 03-15-2019 04:45 AM

hey tnycman, i'm looking at doing this mod next week and it seems there are reprogramming issues. is there a NJ dealership you would recommend for me to get this done? ive called Park Ave Hackensack and Wayne and they don't do this. i'm waiting for englewood and princeton to call me back.
thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by tnycman (Post 1597729)
I don't have any pictures, but can tell you its a pain in the ass to get the coding done correctly.. I did my conversation years back, loved the lights Euro Style LCI's but never got them 100% working..
Sorry can't be any help- GL

stel_i79 03-15-2019 11:34 AM

go to MOTORCEPT !!

zerocool 03-16-2019 04:12 AM

thanks. I know them but trying not to drive up to NYC/Boroughs. looking for anyone who've done this right in NJ area.

Originally Posted by stel_i79 (Post 1599577)
go to MOTORCEPT !!

Sandrokarton 06-07-2020 02:27 AM

Hello
I did change my facelift, and unit AHL stayed in fuse box, after entering new coding everything works fine except corner lights. Is it due to unit LM2 doesnt have signal from PT-CAN of AHL fuse box or should I adjust coding?

Jongpiyachoti 06-15-2020 02:20 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/5series...289e849932.jpg

Dear

Can to tell me which pin of LCI to which pin to pre LCI head light?