E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='738468' date='Dec 5 2008, 11:44 AM
my car is production date 9/04 545i. yes i have the LM 154-944. i first used a newer LM 9186, but that didn't work it couldn't be coded as far as i know the only LM that can be coded is 4944. I do not have the part no. of my headlights, but i believe they are the newest one.

what do you mean you have to switch pins to make the DRLs work? did you follow the diagram on the LCI pdf file? Attachment 66547

Did your dealer enable your DRL or did it work right after you encoded your LM? my angel eyes work when unlocking just not as DRL, it just turns off when the car is started
Hi r9ndy

If your car is a 09/04 I asume you have the AHL + leveling control-box ( A214 ) under the glove compartment , just like in mine 12/03 , in cars after 03/05 the wirering for thees goes from the sensors and headligts directly to the LM according to the BMW WDS ( WDS =Wirering Diagam Systems ).

Have you re-directed 12 wires from the A214 control-box to the LM ???

We also tryed with the LM 9186 , and that also didden't work for us , we failed also to be abel to code it to the car ( so I now have on stock , price in DK 600 USD , just bad luck )

Yes you have to move the wire's in Pin 25 to Pin 63 and pin 40 to Pin 11 , to make the DRL ( Day Run Lights ) function proberly.

It should turn on with full brigthness in the Angel Eys when light-switc in postion "0" also in postion "Automatic" when full daylight , when light goes on ( automaticly or manually ) the brigthness goes down on 1/2 force , ( also in parking ligth mode ) , when parking-light is switc on over the turn-signal arm ( right or left ) , only the rings light op at the front , not the side ligths (LED's in/on the front/headlights).

I have dismounted the side light signal ( black/yellow wire ) from the LM , and then taken a wire from each tail-light and conectet directly to the side ligths ( left taillight to left front side-light & right taillight to right front sidelight ), now the the LED's also worke with the parking light R and l , find it look's cool'er

If you have maken the LED tail-light opgrade you can take the signal from the wire's white/red and white/blue by the LM , the two new wire's you then allready mounted when you performed the tail-light opgrade , elsway be awear to take the rigth wire thereto there is going to wire with signal to each tail-ligt , must be signal that goes to outer bulb in each tail-light.

Can it be becurse you don't have activatet it in the I-Drive men? ? , go over your I-Drive to the servic men? under settings and then thoss "light" , here you should have a toolbar called dayligth "on / off" , if not , then you car have to be coded for this option ( it is standard on EU cars like mine ).

NB: BMW part Nr. on the headlight's you can see on the label on top off each headligth directly when opening the hud.

Regards from Ben And / in DK
Old 12-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='738477' date='Dec 5 2008, 03:41 AM
Hi r9ndy

If your car is a 09/04 I asume you have the AHL + leveling control-box ( A214 ) under the glove compartment , just like in mine 12/03 , in cars after 03/05 the wirering for thees goes from the sensors and headligts directly to the LM according to the BMW WDS ( WDS =Wirering Diagam Systems ).

Have you re-directed 12 wires from the A214 control-box to the LM ???

We also tryed with the LM 9186 , and that also didden't work for us , we failed also to be abel to code it to the car ( so I now have on stock , price in DK 600 USD , just bad luck )

Yes you have to move the wire's in Pin 25 to Pin 63 and pin 40 to Pin 11 , to make the DRL ( Day Run Lights ) function proberly.

It should turn on with full brigthness in the Angel Eys when light-switc in postion "0" also in postion "Automatic" when full daylight , when light goes on ( automaticly or manually ) the brigthness goes down on 1/2 force , ( also in parking ligth mode ) , when parking-light is switc on over the turn-signal arm ( right or left ) , only the rings light op at the front , not the side ligths (LED's in/on the front/headlights).

I have dismounted the side light signal ( black/yellow wire ) from the LM , and then taken a wire from each tail-light and conectet directly to the side ligths ( left taillight to left front side-light & right taillight to right front sidelight ), now the the LED's also worke with the parking light R and l , find it look's cool'er

If you have maken the LED tail-light opgrade you can take the signal from the wire's white/red and white/blue by the LM , the two new wire's you then allready mounted when you performed the tail-light opgrade , elsway be awear to take the rigth wire thereto there is going to wire with signal to each tail-ligt , must be signal that goes to outer bulb in each tail-light.

Can it be becurse you don't have activatet it in the I-Drive men? ? , go over your I-Drive to the servic men? under settings and then thoss "light" , here you should have a toolbar called dayligth "on / off" , if not , then you car have to be coded for this option ( it is standard on EU cars like mine ).

NB: BMW part Nr. on the headlight's you can see on the label on top off each headligth directly when opening the hud.

Regards from Ben And / in DK
Yes all the 12 wires are connected to the LM.

How did you guys manage to figure out that those pins need to be switched? I believe in the US only 08 models are able to enable daytime running lights in idrive.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='738880' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:24 PM
Yes all the 12 wires are connected to the LM.

How did you guys manage to figure out that those pins need to be switched? I believe in the US only 08 models are able to enable daytime running lights in idrive.
Hi r9ndy

Did you your-self re-direct the 12 wire's ? from A214 to LM ( A3 ), or have your car not the control-box A214 under the glovecompartment ? ( all E60/61 should have it there until 03/05 , not after !)

The Pin transfer you can find on page 14 in the Instal. instr. , did you get your DRL to worke ? , if you not have the men? option , it will be possible to code the function at your BMW dealership.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='738888' date='Dec 5 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi r9ndy

Did you your-self re-direct the 12 wire's ? from A214 to LM ( A3 ), or have your car not the control-box A214 under the glovecompartment ? ( all E60/61 should have it there until 03/05 , not after !)

The Pin transfer you can find on page 14 in the Instal. instr. , did you get your DRL to worke ? , if you not have the men? option , it will be possible to code the function at your BMW dealership.
I did not do the install myself, I will check on the wires thanks!

According to the installation manual the LCM was moved from the glove compartment to underneath the driver side.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='738893' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:52 PM
I did not do the install myself, I will check on the wires thanks!

According to the installation manual the LCM was moved from the glove compartment to underneath the driver side.
Hi r9ndy

I have made a diagram ( sorry on Danish ) for the wire's to be moved from the leveling-dynamic drive contrlo-box A214 under the glove compartment to the LM ( LCM=A3 ) underneath the the driver side.

I am pretty sure that the A214 box is in all E60/E61 until 03/05 , and that the LM ( A3 ) always have been mounted underneath in the driver's side , never under the glove compartment according to the BMW WDS ( shows back to the first E60/61 from 07/03 as the model came on marked in EU )
Old 12-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Senior Members

Hi All

I have now got confirmed that on pre 03/05 models the 12 wire have to be re-directed from the A214 ( AHL control box under glove compartment ) to the A3 ( light-modul (LM2-BMW part number : 154 944 ) underneat steering weehl) according to the preivus diagram I have oploaded , also the 2 ALC box'es underneath the LCI headligths have to be changed to BMW part number : 189 312.

I will now order and change the ALC box'es and make the re-direction of the wire's , this will take place in 1-2 weeks , and I will then get back here in the thread with the final result , and tell if re-coding the LM & ALC is nessesery.

I hope this will be of help for manny people , that might consiter a similar "opgrade" on pre 03/05 BMW E60/61.

Great THANKS to r9ndy , for help and information

Drive with your Head , not with your foot , and get well home
Old 12-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='740425' date='Dec 8 2008, 11:28 AM
Hi All

I have now got confirmed that on pre 03/05 models the 12 wire have to be re-directed from the A214 ( AHL control box under glove compartment ) to the A3 ( light-modul (LM2-BMW part number : 154 944 ) underneat steering weehl) according to the preivus diagram I have oploaded , also the 2 ALC box'es underneath the LCI headligths have to be changed to BMW part number : 189 312.

I will now order and change the ALC box'es and make the re-direction of the wire's , this will take place in 1-2 weeks , and I will then get back here in the thread with the final result , and tell if re-coding the LM & ALC is nessesery.

I hope this will be of help for manny people , that might consiter a similar "opgrade" on pre 03/05 BMW E60/61.

Great THANKS to r9ndy , for help and information

Drive with your Head , not with your foot , and get well home
Hi All

Here just a littel situation report on the Bi-Xenon LCI AHL headlight retrofit

I have now got 2 ALC box'es 1 new + 1 used ( part no. 189-312 ), I have fitted them on my LCI headlight's with AHL , the right headlight ( with the used ALC ) woork's perfectly now , the left ( with the new ALC ) work's also but "revers" to the right one .

The flashing of the green LED on the lightswitc is also stoped

We will try to code ( PROGMAN ) sometime next week , I hope this then clear's the "reversing" of the left headlight ,so that both headlight's come's to work 100% as they was ment to work/function.

I have not re-directed the wire's from the A214 AHL box , to the LM yet ! , but we will perhaps have to do this in order to get the coding right , okay we will see

I will get back with the final result ( I hope ) some time next week

Cheer's to All
Old 12-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='561069' date='Apr 14 2008, 12:09 AM
I had the dealer installed, 1k for labor. I think it depends on your SA or past dealings-- can get better leverage on the price. The total price for parts varies on your year model.

I don't know of anyone else in Ca or in the states have had lci conversion done so far. Are you planning to get it installed soon?
I had mine done as well. Royal pain, but I do like the way they look.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Contributors

I'd use that for money down on a new or used BMW that had all that already installed.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='752807' date='Dec 25 2008, 05:07 PM
I'd use that for money down on a new or used BMW that had all that already installed.

I think it depends on ho much you got everything for. For instance, I bought my 08 xenon adaptive headlight lenses from a junkyard for $400 + ship, in practically brand new condition (just a bit of dust). I sold my 06 lights for $250. I got the LCM on a trade. The tail lights I bought used for very cheap too, and will probably sell my 06 tail lights sometime. The wiring, we called in some favors.

I think if I had to pay full new pricing on everything, it may be a more bitter pill to swallow.

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights