E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI climate control retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by jay77
congratulations on getting it working! you must have been happy when you spotted the loose cable
Actually Jay I punched myself, I do this sort of thing all the time, im getting very absent minded
Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Not got CIC SanJ, LCI-CCC, can`t afford a CIC but yes all working as it should, next on the agenda now I have LCI-CCC is to try and get Teleservicing working.
Doh!I was wondering if it was a CIC unit!One last thing BlooD do lci-ccc unit's playback movie dvd's as that would be only major reason to upgrade?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Not that I am aware SanJ, as far as I know you would still need the video module.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Not that I am aware SanJ, as far as I know you would still need the video module.
+1.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Members

My Ride: .

How much is a new climate control? After I did a navi retrofit my climate control does not fit well. PM if you got one for sale 08+ climate control for E60.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by FlavaDave
How much is a new climate control? After I did a navi retrofit my climate control does not fit well. PM if you got one for sale 08+ climate control for E60.
You did the CIC or Lci-CCC navi retrofit? You need to get one from the US. The ones from Europe have celcious display instead of fahrenheit.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Members

hi could any 1 tell me the cost of retrofitting climate control to my 06 plate e60 5series and do i have to buy it from new just that im wanting to upgrade to climate control and also want to upgrade to a satnav but keep getting told that its got to come straight from the main dealer and its also costly hope some 1 can give a good answear thankz oggy
Old 12-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Members

Too complete my LCI-CCC retrofit, I added the climate control as well.
hi there could you tell me i wanted climate control fitted to my 5series does it have be straight from the bmw garage or can i buy a secondhand 1 and get it coded to the car and is it the same if i wanted a satnav fitted just that i keep getting told that all parts have to from bmw because of the coding that needs to be done hope that you can give some good answears thankz oggy
Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by oggy
hi could any 1 tell me the cost of retrofitting climate control to my 06 plate e60 5series and do i have to buy it from new just that im wanting to upgrade to climate control and also want to upgrade to a satnav but keep getting told that its got to come straight from the main dealer and its also costly hope some 1 can give a good answear thankz oggy
I was also wondering if there is any coding required for retrofitting the climate controls. Aside from the unit and the trim pieces you need to buy.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530d auto, Proffesional satnav, power tailgate, interior lights, auto dipping mirrors.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but i have problem with my LCI climate retro fit and cant find the answer anywhere.
I have fitted the CIC and LCI duel climate, i all ready had the duel climate just the pre lci, everything works except the aircon compressor, when i turn the temp dials the fans respond by speeding up if put on cold setting and go down if put on hot, so the units doing what i ask it to but the air temp stays the same so no cold air which i am assuming is the compressor not coming on.
It was all working perfectly before, i have done the pin 21 mod, is there any other wiring swapping around needed? I can find loads of info for swapping from basic to advanced but not pre advanced to lci advanced.

Can anyone help (Please, i really need my aircon back)

Quick Reply: LCI climate control retrofit