E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI 08 halogen light upgarde

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011 | 02:27 PM
New Members

Hi everyone,

I am the owner of a E60 m sport 2008 LCI and I want to upgrade the yellow halogen front lights (including headlights, fogs, angle eyes)to bright white LED lights. I have been told conflicting stories in regards to what I need to do,

Firstly, I was told I need to completely retrofit a HID kit along with projectors?

Secondly, then I was told I only need to replace the bulbs with new LED lights as fittings are standard in LCI models?

Thirdly, now I have been told that I have to buy the complete light fitting in order to upgrade?

As you can imagine I am completely confused and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2011 | 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

If you have halogen LCI headlights your gonna need to buy an hid kit if you want hids I suggest you contact john@motorcepts.. also another option is retrofiting xenon lci headlights but that's little pricey to do you would just need need d1s bulbs since the xenon components is built into the headlights ... As for the fogs you will need an hid kit and I'm not sure about the angel eyes
Old 06-21-2011 | 09:12 AM
Senior Members

def call john at motorcepts i just bought a pair of hid kit for my fogs(8k) and his kits are very easy to install, especially for the fog lights coz everything is already built in on it already great guy!
good luck
Old 06-21-2011 | 10:08 AM
New Members

Southwind.. I am looking into the same thing at the moment. I have a late 2007 LCI with Halogens.

My first question is whether to go for HID(xenon) or LED... or a combination of both.

If I can find the right LED's I assume it would be a straight bulb swap.
Looking around and checking my lights the angel eyes are illuminated by a H10W bulb (not an H7 that you see on eBay). That seems a lot harder to find in LED..

Keep us posted on your findings.

Thanks to the previous posters, I'd prefer to find someone in the UK but will drop john@motorcepts a line if I get stuck.
Old 06-21-2011 | 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

H10 bulb is the angel eye bulb (illuminates the two round rings or side lights)

H7 bulb is for the low bean and high beam.

LED will be ok for H10 bulb but useless for low beam since you'll get hardly any light output. You need a HID kit, which will give a xenon bulb, for the low beam (H7).
Old 06-22-2011 | 09:32 PM
Members

i have the LCI 08 halogen and it uses H7 for low and high beam and the H10W for angel eyes. i got the H7 6000k hid conversion for lowbeam and the H8 8000k hid foglight conversion with the LED angel eyes. the led angel eyes that i got off of ebay is not too bright during daylight but at night its pretty hard looking, at different angle of the camera it turns out blue but really its white. hope the picture that i post would help with your questions. sorry for the not so clear pictures, but it was taken by my iphone
Attached Thumbnails LCI 08 halogen light upgarde-ae.jpg   LCI 08 halogen light upgarde-ae_w_fog.jpg   LCI 08 halogen light upgarde-half_done.jpg   LCI 08 halogen light upgarde-ae_low_fog.jpg  
Old 11-21-2011 | 06:18 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by BmBaby
i have the LCI 08 halogen and it uses H7 for low and high beam and the H10W for angel eyes. i got the H7 6000k hid conversion for lowbeam and the H8 8000k hid foglight conversion with the LED angel eyes. the led angel eyes that i got off of ebay is not too bright during daylight but at night its pretty hard looking, at different angle of the camera it turns out blue but really its white. hope the picture that i post would help with your questions. sorry for the not so clear pictures, but it was taken by my iphone

Could you please tell us where did you get the LED angel eyes from? It seems to me that the H10w angel eyes bulb is really hard (if not impossible) to find!! Was it plug and play or did you have to do your own modification?
Old 11-22-2011 | 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by MMJC
Could you please tell us where did you get the LED angel eyes from? It seems to me that the H10w angel eyes bulb is really hard (if not impossible) to find!! Was it plug and play or did you have to do your own modification?
I highly doubt he got something that's plug n play...more than likely he cut his old bulb holders and fabricated them to the LED's. Im also in the same boat...just haven't had time to finish my project.
Old 11-30-2011 | 02:08 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I highly doubt he got something that's plug n play...more than likely he cut his old bulb holders and fabricated them to the LED's. Im also in the same boat...just haven't had time to finish my project.
If you just change the halogen bulb to a high intensity LED though, unless you put in the right resistor, wouldn't you get an error message on your OBD Control messages screen?

Not so long ago, I bought the LED Angel Eye kit from ebay and plugged it into my E60 LCI (Halogen) healight and the LED lights up with No Error! A pity the mountings will not fit the brackets inside the headlights so I returned it. Anyone can help all E60 LCI (Halogen) owners with getting a plug and play Angel Eyes? I'm sure it not so hard if we can get some volume? Should be plenty of E60s in the same boat around the world?