E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Laser jammer installers in NY Metro area

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got busted 2 weeks ago by laser in Westchester Co. Been driving VERY slowly since then and it's pissing me off. Have a V1 which, while I know couldn't have protected me, didn't even go off. Looking into getting a jammer. Anyone know of any good installers in Westchester, NYC, LI, sourthern CT? I already know about AI Design, but don't want to pay a premium for a job that I'm sure others could do just as well for less $$$.

Prolly going with the Blinder M-40 (Lidatek is no longer available in the US) although I'm not thrilled about drilling thru the firewall. I've read that the cables can be routed such that you don't have to drill. Anyone know how? The only other alternative is the K40 with Bluetooth, but the reviews have been less than stellar.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Ed - Don't do the K40. My cousin has it in his AMG and it's terrible.

That sucks about getting busted in Westchester, but good to know for the next time I drive up there. Just curious, but how fast were you going and what was the price on that ticket?

PS - When's the next meet?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='425724' date='May 17 2007, 10:44 PM
Ed - Don't do the K40. My cousin has it in his AMG and it's terrible.

That sucks about getting busted in Westchester, but good to know for the next time I drive up there. Just curious, but how fast were you going and what was the price on that ticket?

PS - When's the next meet?
70 in a 30 Thing is, I was only going that fast for a few seconds to pass some jackass in the left lane. And as you know, 70 in the M doesn't feel like 70. Had to hire a lawyer to try and get the points down (or hopefully, eliminated). Won't go to court for a few months. Cost an arm and a leg. Ugh, pisses me off just thinking about it.

I think there's a Captree meet this Sunday if it doesn't rain.

When are we gonna do some Zaino'ing and beer drinking?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bmwbonehead' post='425726' date='May 17 2007, 10:48 PM
70 in a 30 Thing is, I was only going that fast for a few seconds to pass some jackass in the left lane. And as you know, 70 in the M doesn't feel like 70. Had to hire a lawyer to try and get the points down (or hopefully, eliminated). Won't go to court for a few months. Cost an arm and a leg. Ugh, pisses me off just thinking about it.

I think there's a Captree meet this Sunday if it doesn't rain.

When are we gonna do some Zaino'ing and beer drinking?
No way! There's a meet Sunday at Captree??? Dude...how come you didn't PM this to me sooner??? You know I'm terrible at finding those posts.

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Austin, TX for a conference and I leave Sunday morning. Damn it!

As for Zaino and Beer, I'll do it any weekend I'm around. However, I need to check with the wife. Since it's an all day project, she might not be so inclined to have me spend another day detailing. Hahaha! I already got crap for the last time I did it (3 weeks ago).

If you want to borrow my Random Orbital Ed, feel free. You can have it whenever you want. I believe you have all the Zaino products, but I have the orbital and all the pads (polishing pads and wax pads).
Old 05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

what happened to lidatek?

http://www.technik1.com/ in chelsea used to install them for local members on the fchat board.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='425728' date='May 17 2007, 09:52 PM
No way! There's a meet Sunday at Captree??? Dude...how come you didn't PM this to me sooner??? You know I'm terrible at finding those posts.

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Austin, TX for a conference and I leave Sunday morning. Damn it!

As for Zaino and Beer, I'll do it any weekend I'm around. However, I need to check with the wife. Since it's an all day project, she might not be so inclined to have me spend another day detailing. Hahaha! I already got crap for the last time I did it (3 weeks ago).

If you want to borrow my Random Orbital Ed, feel free. You can have it whenever you want. I believe you have all the Zaino products, but I have the orbital and all the pads (polishing pads and wax pads).

Can you guys let me join the fun too