E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KW Customer Service - Worst Ever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011 | 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Trinity is on top of their stuff, glad to see vendors making up from where the manufacturers are lacking.

At least KW picked up their phone calls and you talked to a live person. I've heard of worse situations. Don't let this deter anyone from KWs, I love mine to death!
Old 04-01-2011 | 12:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
Saw this review on CKS:
http://myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-s...it-so-far.html

It says this: "I know a lot of you guys are going to ask if this company is related to BC or Megan or KSPORT. CKS US REP assured me that they are not made from the same company. Yes they are made in Taiwan but so is HKS and TEIN"

But who knows??? They do look like Ksports though...
http://www.ckssuspension.com/index.p...d=47&Itemid=55
i dont believe it though, the tooling alone is so damn expensive it wouldnt be profitable in this market for a new company to start up with brand new machines

Tein and HKS are made in Japan, that guy isnt right
Old 04-01-2011 | 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

Originally Posted by socale39
Joe from Trinity even reached out to me this morning to see if he can help. I swear if it weren't for awesome service from vendors like Trinity, I'm not sure these manufacturers would sell as much as they do.
TOTALLY AGREE...JOE IS THE MAN!!! ...he always there to help out!
Old 04-01-2011 | 12:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

UPDATE: I still had to call KW even though I gave my cell# to them. Decided to ask for the Customer Service Manager and got the chance to talk to Bob. Apparently this thread got a little traction with KW so they are shipping out the product today at no charge, for that I want to say thank you Bob, I'm just sorry it had to come to this.

KW, if you are reading this, I'm hoping this unfortunate situation for both of us is a reminder of how crucial customer service is. We all know you the pay price for quality but along with that should come the service too. I'm usually not one to post a thread like this as I'm a pretty laid-back and patient guy, but my frustration was boiling over a $27 part. Its just sad when a customer has to go to this length to get proper service.

I'd also like to thank Joe @ Trinity and Michael @ Acute for offering a hand and providing exceptional customer service even when you weren't involved!
Old 04-01-2011 | 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by socale39
UPDATE: I still had to call KW even though I gave my cell# to them. Decided to ask for the Customer Service Manager and got the chance to talk to Bob. Apparently this thread got a little traction with KW so they are shipping out the product today at no charge, for that I want to say thank you Bob, I'm just sorry it had to come to this.

KW, if you are reading this, I'm hoping this unfortunate situation for both of us is a reminder of how crucial customer service is. We all know you the pay price for quality but along with that should come the service too. I'm usually not one to post a thread like this as I'm a pretty laid-back and patient guy, but my frustration was boiling over a $27 part. Its just sad when a customer has to go to this length to get proper service.

I'd also like to thank Joe @ Trinity and Michael @ Acute for offering a hand and providing exceptional customer service even when you weren't involved!
Old 04-01-2011 | 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
damn that sucks i was thinking KW for my car too
+1 Me too...
Old 04-01-2011 | 02:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by medik13
+1 Me too...

I think it's still worth getting KW products. This company has been around a long time and has countless wins under their belt. I usually don't believe in the "you pay for what you get" statement but I strongly believe this holds true to KW products. Preventing an experience like this can be avoided by just ordering through the local sponsors here. Let them deal with the hassle
Old 04-01-2011 | 09:38 PM
Members

i actually got the same results from customer support too. I called inquiring about purchasing a adjustment tool set, called twice with both times CSR saying they will call me back right away with a price. I didn't get a single call back. Was getting short on time, so i ended up posting on a local car forum asking if i can borrow someones adjustment tool for kw v3's. Had to pay $20 to borrow someones tool, for the same price i probably couldeve bought a set from KW if they only just called me back :thumbsdown: Been keeping an eye out on ebay hoping to find a set..
Old 04-02-2011 | 07:49 AM
Senior Members

^^^ sucks. KW seriously needs help with their Customer Service or they might as well just shut down the ability for retail customers to order directly through them.

I just found out I've got a friend who has a contact at KW. If he can help us with parts I'll be sure to post his contact info.
Old 04-02-2011 | 07:56 AM
Members

please!! i really need to buy a set of adjustment toolsl